• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Question about collar tips on Monarch A-2

Pilot

B-Man2

Just a general question about the collar tips on an A-2 Monarch.
Should they be rounded like on this ELC A-2
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-Leather-A2-Flight-Jacket-Flieger-Bombejacke-Lederjacke-Gr-US-44-M-L/163513368058?hash=item261227fdfa:g:f0wAAOSw851cT17b
or should they be pointed like all other Monarch I have viewed.
I am very interested in buying a WW2 original, so I am wondering what is correct...pointed or round...
maybe contract depending...
Anyway, thx for your help.
Brice
One of the distinguishing traits of the Monarch contract are the rounded collar tips . You can see them on JCs Goodwear site as well as ELC. While I don’t own an original Monarch here’s a photo of an original one from Gary Eastmans A2 book. You can see they are longer but more rounded in the photo. I hope that helps.
Cheers
AC49FCE0-659F-4566-A2C2-13D8DD784981.jpeg

Pilot

Thx a lot...great! they are by far not as rounded as the one on Greedbay.
The WW2 original I am negotiating right now, has collar tips like yours & ELC book..but not rounded like a.m. on Greedbay.
Thx a lot.

Last edited:

RB25

Thx a lot...great! they are by far not as rounded as the one on Greedbay.
The WW2 original I am negotiating right has collar tips like yours & ELC book..but not rounded like a.m. on Greedbay.
Thx a lot.
Good luck with the negotiations, when I purchased the Monarch it took a few weeks to get to a price but it was worth it. I haven’t seen many Monarchs out there either.