• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about collar tips on Monarch A-2

B-Man2

Just a general question about the collar tips on an A-2 Monarch.
Should they be rounded like on this ELC A-2
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-...368058?hash=item261227fdfa:g:f0wAAOSw851cT17b
or should they be pointed like all other Monarch I have viewed.
I am very interested in buying a WW2 original, so I am wondering what is correct...pointed or round...
maybe contract depending...
Anyway, thx for your help.
Brice
One of the distinguishing traits of the Monarch contract are the rounded collar tips . You can see them on JCs Goodwear site as well as ELC. While I don’t own an original Monarch here’s a photo of an original one from Gary Eastmans A2 book. You can see they are longer but more rounded in the photo. I hope that helps.
Cheers
AC49FCE0-659F-4566-A2C2-13D8DD784981.jpeg

RB25

Pilot,

Hope this helps, the collar tips are rounded, mine is an authentic WWII A2. I had it re lined in January by Steve Sellers. I believe I have more picks in another post under reviews.

RB

Attachments

• 332A5346-71AD-41ED-B359-E08C9775250E.jpeg
    332A5346-71AD-41ED-B359-E08C9775250E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 212

Pilot

Thx a lot...great! they are by far not as rounded as the one on Greedbay.
The WW2 original I am negotiating right now, has collar tips like yours & ELC book..but not rounded like a.m. on Greedbay.
Thx a lot.

Last edited:

RB25

Thx a lot...great! they are by far not as rounded as the one on Greedbay.
The WW2 original I am negotiating right has collar tips like yours & ELC book..but not rounded like a.m. on Greedbay.
Thx a lot.
Good luck with the negotiations, when I purchased the Monarch it took a few weeks to get to a price but it was worth it. I haven’t seen many Monarchs out there either.