• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post up your aviation class photos (and ID any jackets you can see)

Chandler

Yep … they guy on the far right kneeling has a jacket that doesn’t drape and is probably a little trim on him
Probably not trim, just right.

I've seen A-2s that look like shirts -- that's "trim," and not for me.

Dumpster D

Who was 'Grizelda' ?? I wonder. ;)

s-l1600.jpg

Dumpster D

While a bit baggy in the waist, very close to my ideal fit.
JTBxmP5.jpg

I don't know if the baggyness comes from being about 130 pounds soaking wet, rather than the jacket itself.

We're all bigger these days what with all the modern high glucose/fructose corn syrup diets that came around during the Nixon/vietnam era.

I used to look like that in an A-2 when I was 18 too. ;)

These days I have trouble squeezing into my G-1 Jackets, let me tell you, the struggle is real. Gotta hold it in.

Pa12

I don't know if the baggyness comes from being about 130 pounds soaking wet, rather than the jacket itself.

We're all bigger these days what with all the modern high glucose/fructose corn syrup diets that came around during the Nixon/vietnam era.

I used to look like that in an A-2 when I was 18 too. ;)

These days I have trouble squeezing into my G-1 Jackets, let me tell you, the struggle is real. Gotta hold it in.
Yeah, we’re definitely different animals now. Might have to get jc to make the appropriate adjustments to make 30/40’s jacket fit a 21st century frame;)

mulceber

Add to that the fact that most of us reach our full natural bone growth since we aren't at all malnourished. I'm sure JC has already had to alter his patterns a bit to get a similar fit on us to what they had back then.