• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perrys three

buzzthetower

Administrator
Another detail I can't wait to get are United Carr ball stud snaps for the pockets. Those should be here in about a week or two. I've been wanting these for quite a while...

ball_stud_snaps1.jpg

J

As a collector of original flight jackets for the past 20+ years,and owned many of the same contracts with many variations in a contract, I would say J.C. is on target.I read through alot of post and felt raining on Jasons parade to get a responce from Jeff deserved my reaction.No harm no fowl. Best reguards,Todd.

P.S. (Schooled) in the U.S. is slang for educated. ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
ausreenactor said:
.. I just want to jump on and quiz a couple of the die hard GW fans. One in particular, who is quite passionate about the GW product, and will only accept supported argument.

... Will eaglerly await a response or two from our 'most discerning' rooster!

Trevor ... in case you missed it, Mr Makumbe is currently away 'skulking'.

Naturally we want him back, and if you think that poking him with sticks will work, you may just need to step it up.

ausreenactor

Gents..

I have had a couple of PM's and all of this has been in a friendly spirit. I am sure we all know that the Freemasons have ALL the patterns for EVERY contract in EVERY size, and they have a stockpile with rolls of hide and boxes of NOS zippers and snaps and are just hoarding them. One day they will release it all for the adoring public when countries look like they will wage wars over the perfect reproduction A-2. These are great pieces and worth the attention we all give them. Cudos to JC and all the praise he receives. It IS well deserved. Keep the supported arguments & debates flowing...as the latest items on eBay does not a thought provoking forum make....

Couchy...

jacketimp

you know all about the brotherhood then...........they keep the great jackets within their own circles......... ;)

that' why they leave the forum.........they've been chosen.......... :D

Roughwear

buzzthetower said:
Another detail I can't wait to get are United Carr ball stud snaps for the pockets. Those should be here in about a week or two. I've been wanting these for quite a while...

ball_stud_snaps1.jpg

J

This is excellent news John. Are they ONS or new ones?

A

Anonymous

I'd bet they are made in China. Those Chinese guys can copy anything.

A

Anonymous

The Perry looks great and the review is spot on. Well done mate !

But is it me or do the knits look wrong ? Colour as well as size of the ribbing. There also seems to be a different sheen to the GW compared to the other two originals. Is that just due to the newness (if such a word exists) or down to different methods of tanning ?

(Now digging deep slit trench, donning helmet and awaiting incoming from GW fanatics ;) )

Remember folks that I have a lot of respect for JC and I am not personally insulting him nor his parentage here !

J_H

Jason

Unfortunately with the weather warming up here, it's not seen much wear in the last month or two - so not much has changed.
Perhaps in 6 months time I'll have some more photos.