• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pawn Stars M-422A Hellhawks

Stony

Anyone watch the new episode of Pawn Stars where the guy brought in the USMC M-422A? I have officially declared Rick and the old man idiots. The picture that came with the jacket had a Corsair in it with a caption saying it was 1943 in Munda. Rick's going on about the P-47 group in the ETO called the Hellhawks and the old man is saying that maybe one of the guys in that group traded for the M-422A.

Watch the episode if you can and it will drive you nuts.

And they keep using the term "bomber jacket". I know it's entertainment, but it's also mis-informing the public into incorrect identification and pricing.

Rick paid $2k for the jacket, but that's top dollar IMO. The seller wanted $10k for it. :eek: ROFL!

havocpaul

This show had a brief run here this last summer (C5), got very quickly tired of it as with so many of these shows a lot is rehearsed and for the cameras. Like the other one we got where they bid on contents of lock-ups and there's always a fight!

a2jacketpatches

Storage Wars? I was in line at an estate sale Southern CA with a couple of those guys hoping for a Japanese sword, The guy with "YUP" on his baseball cap and all over his truck, and the funny older guy with gray hair. The YUP guy is just as much a dick off camera in person for sure, and the other guy is quite the funny and likeable character. Rehearsed I'm sure for the camera, but they seem true to their personalities. Yup got the 400- sword for 350-

TankBuster

I was wondering how long it was going to take for that one to come up here. I was cringing during that whole part. They are talking about strafing Normandy with P-47's while they obviously have a marine pilots jacket that served in the pacific! I love when they show the photo of the pilot on the wing of his plane with palm trees in the background. Must have been a warm year in England!

Rocky

I use to like watching Reality shows, and sometimes still catching myself peeking at them once in a while.

But I've concluded that "all Reality shows are staged. Some just do a better job at covering the staging up than others do.