• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original WW2- 91st B.G 323rd Squadron A2

Peter Graham

One of the worst lash ups I've seen in a long time. One the one hand I feel sorry for anyone paying big money for it, or even the $249 it's at now but on the other hand if you don't do your research you deserve to get burned. Is that cruel of me ?

a2jacketpatches

Not cruel at all if they don't know the basics of these jackets, the 249- should be spent on books. I'm thinking the seller was the first to get burned, he may have no idea as well.

crazyace

I thought the overseas bars represented 6 months for every bar. That would be showing 6 years which could be 3 with a relist of another 3.But those bars are for time spent overseas and not total in service time. It is a shame sometimes when a seller doesn`t know what he has and may truley believe it is something it is not.

Jeff M

a2jacketpatches said:
He knows it now because I just told him nicely. We'll see if he does the right thing.

Did you ever hear back from the seller?
I sent him a message also a couple of days ago. Didn't hear a thing back.

a2jacketpatches

Never replied, I sent my original message as if he really didn't know any better, but I think if that WAS? the case, he's just passing it to the next sucker.

Just sent him this one, never a mention of what forum or any names, but he'll wonder if this is worth the trouble or if it'll come back to him. Such a stupid attempt to fake a jacket -

"I was just trying to save you some trouble, but your lack of response to many will get you sooner or later. I'm dropping it because I realize now that you're simply misleading to make money and it is not an honest mistake. but the others will track you from now on for sure and probably find your buyer. This jacket is made up to fool the ignorant, no other reason for the added makers label. Good luck"

dmar836

If someone is a sucker enough to buy it, at least it's safe. Patch wrong, no history, service stripes, Seriously? And 6 years worth with no slashes? One could be silly enough to try the patch and the hashes but to add that label could be nothing but intentional. Really bad.

a2jacketpatches

I just told the guy that he's really done a cruel thing, and that someone could contact the sucker once he's left feedback because his user name will be available. The guy can still file a complaint even after FB is left if 45 days has not passed. He needs to sweat this one, 500.00 for an 8th, hash marks, and a label is just bad.

Jeff M

I contacted the buyer....informed him of the situation, advised he visit the forum for some more information. He replied...is concerned, asked why nobody warned him during the auction.
I noted bidders names are blocked during the auction...could only find out who won the item after he posted his feedback.

TankBuster

This seller obviously was out to deceive but it wasn't really too hard to see this jacket wasn't right. The problems were many! Buy books, do your homework, and ask questions before buying. Common sense!!!

Jeff M

Well, the buyer said he would be taking the jacket to an air museum soon. Be interesting to hear what they had to say. If they know their A2's.

Rutger

TankBuster said:
This seller obviously was out to deceive but it wasn't really too hard to see this jacket wasn't right. The problems were many! Buy books, do your homework, and ask questions before buying. Common sense!!!

Are there any reference books that deal with A2's only? Don't suppose so, but you never know.

Rutger

a2jacketpatches

Even though this buyer has left feedback, he can still file a complaint, item not as described. He can still get his money back. If you choose to let him know this, feel free to have him contact me via Ebay ( my user name is the same a2jacketpatches ) I would be more than happy to state that I contacted the seller as well, and that the seller evidently refused to forward any information to current bidders or update the auction. I warned the seller that a buyer could get his money back within 45 days of the sale and that people would contact the buyer and tell him what you did. Basically, he sold an unsespecting guy a real tag, OS hash marks, and an 8th for 500.00.

Stony

Well, the buyer said he would be taking the jacket to an air museum soon. Be interesting to hear what they had to say. If they know their A2's.

Having worked at an air museum for many years, the chances are that they really don't know much about A-2s or any other flight jackets for that matter. I saw several pieces on display that were marked incorrectly as well as at other air museums I've been to.