• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Refurbish from Aero - costs?

CBI

I am planning on sending an original Dubow (thanks to a generous VLJ member) to Aero Leather for a refurbish: new knits, possibly a new zipper as well as reinforcing some weaker leather areas. Hopefully the jacket will be a wearer. I send Amanda photos and she said they could do the work but would not quote a price until they had the jacket in hand (after the holiday rush).

Have any of you had this sort of work done by Aero and if so, what were the costs? At the very least, what do you think new knits would run? A new zipper? I am just trying to get a ballpark idea before I send it.

Thanks!

John Lever

Just send them the jacket with a list of repairs and let them do the work. You can trust them 100 %
They won't rip you off, but may take longer than they estimate because they are always very busy.

TankBuster

Knit replacement is about $75. If you are supplying a zipper, it is $40. I believe if you have them use a repop zip it's about $100. The major expense is the shipping both ways which will run another roughly $100. These prices were as of a couple months ago, so they should still be accurate.
I would figure on a total of $200-$300 total with the shipping.

Grant

It's been a few years since I've had Aero do any restoration work but they've always done exceptional work for a fair price.

Peter Graham

TankBuster said:
Knit replacement is about $75. If you are supplying a zipper, it is $40. I believe if you have them use a repop zip it's about $100. The major expense is the shipping both ways which will run another roughly $100. These prices were as of a couple months ago, so they should still be accurate.
I would figure on a total of $200-$300 total with the shipping.
That sounds about right. I've had Aero do all the work you mention but not all on the same jacket. Their work is first rate. Just don't be too impatient.

CBI

thanks guys. I have no doubt in regards the quality of the work. I just had no idea of the prices.