• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Photos of Aero A-2's. Ever seen any?

3onamatch

Hey all, I realize that most of the photos taken back in the day were black and white, but has anyone ever actually seen a period pic showing an Aero jacket with the orange knits? Or even the Dubow purple? It occurs to me I've only ever seen these in repros. or new pics of old jackets. I wonder if any of the jackets in "Catch 22" were Aeros. Now I want to go re-watch the film.

At any rate, just curious. Given the large quantities manufactured, you'd think they'd turn up more frequently in snapshots. I have the impression that a lot of Aero wearers were in serving the Pacific, but I could be wrong.

Ian C

Or red? Are we talking about the light orange rust seen on a set of brake discs after a shower, or the deeper red seen after a more sustained period of corrosion? As someone with OCD, I'd like to know?

To be fair, I think everyone knew what you meant in the first place.
Ian