• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Open VLJ

ausreenactor

Re: Open VLJ.

tamoko said:

Can't say I see your point? For the sake of taking the time to register, anyone on the planet can access a wealth of knowledge and some decent offerings on occasion. If anyone has sought out the forum, or stumbled onto it, they would be foolish not to register. It is a global fraternity with a shared goal. Keep JC flat out...If it ain't broke it was built right!

Couchy

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

tamoko said:
Most users ever online was 25 on Mon 28 Apr, 2008

0->3 users in 2010 this is progress ?

This statistic was also used a few days ago to illustrate a reduction in activity on the forum, yet the only reason there were so many online in April 2008 is that we were all there to register, and check out the brand new forum.

... and if tamoko is seeing so few members online now, yes we come, and go, but this may be more to do with his time zone.

bfrench

Administrator

Hi, Folks,

We now have an EDIT timer - you have edit capabilities for 15 minutes after you post.

I learn something new just about every day.

Cheers,
Bill French

CBI

see "announcement".

as I said, I am opposed to no editing. I won't post if I don't have the option. :twisted:

this is needless BS

Cliff

I like the idea of an edit option for about 15 mins after I have posted as I usually manage to create a few typos !! But after that, what I write should stand. After that I will then grovel and apologise if what I have written is incorrect or insulting to anyone ! If the discussion is about something that is deemed politically incorrect I tend not to take part at all as I would always upset someone somewhere.

Has Tamako left the forum now ? Is that why he deleted his posts?

c

bfrench

Administrator
Cliff said:
I like the idea of an edit option for about 15 mins after I have posted as I usually manage to create a few typos !! But after that, what I write should stand. After that I will then grovel and apologise if what I have written is incorrect or insulting to anyone ! If the discussion is about something that is deemed politically incorrect I tend not to take part at all as I would always upset someone somewhere.

Has Tamako left the forum now ? Is that why he deleted his posts?

c

Not as far as I know - he didn't mention anything - so I presume he's still lurking.

Bill

Vcruiser

Why make fun of the guy?
It looks to me like there was somewhat of a language barrier that led to misunderstanding for him with some of the responses to his posts. He is/was a longtime member here and I regret that he did take things the wrong way...moreso than any real or imagined disruption to the forum by him deleting his own posts. We then almost immediately seemed to concentrate on future editing restriction as the more important problem at hand. Sure..we should all be big boys here..but I also think that this was an isolated incident that could have been handled a little differently by some of us...especially after the fact. Some also tend to get caughtup in better/best contributors to the forum concerning stitch for stitch military items resulting in some kind of importance of a pecking order. Ranking if you will...rather than sensativity to some other members. I would have hoped that the VLJ was still much more than a forum only about leather jackets...and reigning expert opinion.

Van

dav3469

Vcruiser said:
Why make fun of the guy?
It looks to me like there was somewhat of a language barrier that led to misunderstanding for him with some of the responses to his posts. ....... I would have hoped that the VLJ was still much more than a forum only about leather jackets...and reigning expert opinion.
Van

Van, you made several good points, but these two seem to stand out to me. Well said.