• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One door closes.... when does it end?

Tim P

Was happy that the sale of a B3 had made the buyer and I happy last night. There I was thinking of what to do with the money, considering what household items or non jacket uses I could put it to... last check of emails pinged up an Eastman D1 in my size on the bay. WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT I duly paid the seller what he wanted and it will be with me by fri all being well.
Anyone with an eye for detail and a good memory will remember me recently looking to 'like for like' with my B6 for a D1 so I am made up. :D
The flip side being that ... well when wil enough be enough!!!!!! :?

Jaydee

Like many of us, that is a question you must look deep inside yourself to answer.

I have bad news..........it is probably going to cost a lot of money!

watchmanjimg

This question has come up in several guises over the years, but I always enjoy answering it. For me it ends when my coffin lid closes . . .

Peter Graham

I know what you mean. I thought my jacket addiction had waned but recently it's come back with a vengance. I sold my original B-10 tonight. I was sorry to see it go but it wasn't earning it's keep. Now I'm thinking what I can buy to replace it. I'm sorely tempted to order an ELC redskin B-6 but I know John has a B-6 round the corner. What to do ! :?

767fo

Jaydee said:
Like many of us, that is a question you must look deep inside yourself to answer.

I have bad news..........it is probably going to cost a lot of money!

So true :lol:

zoomer

For me it will end when I find a slightly used Good Wear Security...or cough up for a custom made one.

MikeyB-17

zoomer said:
For me it will end when I find a slightly used Good Wear Security...or cough up for a custom made one.

I wouldn't bet on it! :lol:
I had a bit of a fallow period back along, lost interest in jackets for a while, now I'm back at it as well. I've just bought a repro D-1 which I missed out on from Andrew a while ago. John Lever beat me to it, now he's very kindly let me have first dibs on it as he's moved it on again in favour of something else, which no doubt he'll be telling you about soon.

John Lever

Peter Graham said:
I know what you mean. I thought my jacket addiction had waned but recently it's come back with a vengance. I sold my original B-10 tonight. I was sorry to see it go but it wasn't earning it's keep. Now I'm thinking what I can buy to replace it. I'm sorely tempted to order an ELC redskin B-6 but I know John has a B-6 round the corner. What to do ! :?
Peter,
No need to wait, the ELC RW B-6 is simply stupendous.
IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg

Tim P

I think the ELC B-6 (mine is not redskin but redskins are often considered a cut above) is absolutely fine, their latest matte seal not so much mind you.. I think Johns venture into shearling is to be applauded but unlike his A-2's I think he will struggle to win by more than a nose..
I agree with John, Peter.. a redskin ELC B6 would cut the mustard.

John Lever

Tim P said:
I think the ELC B-6 (mine is not redskin but redskins are often considered a cut above) is absolutely fine, their latest matte seal not so much mind you.. I think Johns venture into shearling is to be applauded but unlike his A-2's I think he will struggle to win by more than a nose..
I agree with John, Peter.. a redskin ELC B6 would cut the mustard.
Ah, yes but then how can you be sure ? so better to have both....

Peter Graham

John, I assume that you've bought an ELC B-6 then ? How about some photos of it being worn. I've had a B-6 in my sights for a very long time. I will only ever buy one and keep it so it's vital that I get the right one. ELC's jacket looks fantastic but so does John's. A factor is that it might be this time next year before I can get hold of one from John. How long did you have to wait for yours from ELC after placing the order ?

John Lever

Peter,
I owned one for 24 hours. I bought it from a fellow member, but it was too big so I sold it on ebay in under an hour.
BUT, Eastman have completely sold out of all RW sheepskin due to demand and will not restock until mid January 2011. I have ordered a size 42 as the jacket is meant to trim not baggy like an RAF jacket so I couldn't carry it off. It just looked wrong.
All I can say is it was the best sheepskin jacket I have ever owned, period, better than a Merino RAF jacket, just stunning. The hide is stupendous, and the light weight makes it so wearable not like the bulky B-3's etc.
Eastman have really nailed this jacket,any size issues, just send it back to Devon for a swap.

Tim P

January 2011 doesnt sound too long. I am happy with my standard Seal mind you. dont forget that by the time you have bought one off John and imported it it will be a long wait terminating in a hefty import charge on top of the cost.