• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Meaning To Start Another...

Atticus

....how's your flight jacket weather thread, but the temperature here in balmy coastal North Carolina is predicted to drop to twelve by Saturday morning---and the wind will be blowing fifteen knots or so. I don't even want to know what the wind chill will be. Clearly, this sort of thing doesn't hold a candle to the weather they're having in Minna-snowda, Wisconsin and North Dakota....but to this old Reb, twelve is flippin' cold!!

Looks like this might be the one day in 2009 that I get to wear my N-2A.

AF

Vcruiser

Down to -9 with 25 below wind chill by Friday. We have a couple inches of snow....and it's still lightly snowing here in Hoosierland.

Clark J

BITCH ASS cold here in great old Minnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Got down to -15 the last couple of nites.Had the B-3 on all day at work Tues!

fishmeok

Clark J said:
b*tch ASS cold here in great old Minnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Got down to -15 the last couple of nites.Had the B-3 on all day at work Tues!

Yeah, but Clark, you're supposed to wear PANTS too when you are a ridin' that Zamboni. :lol:

-20 F tonight, Clark and I will be wearing our B-3's (but not together).
Cheers
Mark

zoomer

Got a night class here in Ames. Got to park a ways from the building. Expect -30° wind chills.
Then I expect an overheated classroom, so I need an underlayer I can open up.
I plan to wear my extra-long USA M-444 with an A-2 underneath! (Yes, it fits - and both are size 46!)
Then I have a sueded sheep helmet that makes me look a complete prat, but is hella warm.

Grant

Nice and chilly here in NYC today so sporting a pre-war Irvin.
Biggles on a bicycle.

Atticus

zoomer said:
....Then I have a sueded sheep helmet that makes me look a complete prat, but is hella warm.

Zoomer, I once saw a mule wearing a straw hat, but I can't say that I've never seen a sheep wearing a helmet. It must be a Northern thing.

AF

Swing

3 degrees when I went out to clean the snow off the car this morning. 12 degrees is supposed to be the high today. When I've been out the wind hasn't been blowing, so it hasn't been that bad. Since Friday we've had over a foot of snow, and I expect we'll get 8 to 12 inches more over the next three days. Highs in the single digits the next couple days, and windchills probably below zero. Temp doesn't get above freezing in the ten day forecast, and probably won't get above freezing until next month. Only good news is Lake Erie is freezing over and that should cut down on lake effect snow.

Of course, the god damn dog thinks this cold weather is just great, and wants to be out in it as much as possible (and wants me out there with him).

~Swing

chicken

It dipped down to the 40s and 50s in LA for about three weeks and it was perfect for my Rickson's Black MA-1.

But this week, it's back in the 80s. So no jacket during the day.

usafwso

Just came from laying out by the pool. It may be low 60's here, but with the sunshine and no breeze.

At night, an L-2B or G-1 makes a good companion, but rarely go out in the evenings.

Soon, spring will arrive here in the desert.

greyhound52

Atticus said:
....how's your flight jacket weather thread, but the temperature here in balmy coastal North Carolina is predicted to drop to twelve by Saturday morning---and the wind will be blowing fifteen knots or so. I don't even want to know what the wind chill will be. Clearly, this sort of thing doesn't hold a candle to the weather they're having in Minna-snowda, Wisconsin and North Dakota....but to this old Reb, twelve is flippin' cold!!

Looks like this might be the one day in 2009 that I get to wear my N-2A.

AF

AF,
I will be in your neck of woods down at Ft. Bragg for two weeks begining Monday. Sounds like I need to pack my long underwear. Guess I will be taking my goretex jacket and my CWU-45. Of course I always pack an A2 just in case. :D

Atticus

greyhound52 said:
I will be in your neck of woods down at Ft. Bragg for two weeks begining Monday. Sounds like I need to pack my long underwear. Guess I will be taking my goretex jacket and my CWU-45. Of course I always pack an A2 just in case. :D

By the middle of next week you'll probably be OK with an L-2b and a pair of jeans. This cold weather won't last long. In 1989 we had a cold snap that provided Eastern North Carolina with the only white Christmas I've ever seen---the temperature actually dipped below zero one night in early January. But by the first week of February in that same year, I remember being dressed in shorts and a T-shirt.

AF

Clark J

Just saw on the news that in northern Minn last night it was -47!!!!We're going down to about -25 tonight.Guess I'll be sportin the N-3B tomorrow!