• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice M445a bu aero Aero jacket ebay England

A

Anonymous

The Key word should of been flying jacket because the English generally do not say flight jacket .Rgds jeff

zoomer

DUBOWA2 said:
The Key word should of been flying jacket because the English generally do not say flight jacket .Rgds jeff
They don't have the litigation culture we have in the USA. Or the jackass culture. Sell something as a FLYING JACKET here and the buyer will put it on, jump out a window, and sue you into kingdom come because it didn't fly.

havocpaul

[/quote]They don't have the litigation culture we have in the USA. Or the jackass culture. Sell something as a FLYING JACKET here and the buyer will put it on, jump out a window, and sue you into kingdom come because it didn't fly.[/quote]

We're catching up with all the dumb health and safety laws of recent years and no win-no fee compensation culture, and let's not mention the other term "bomber jacket" and the interpretation that might have these days!

hacker

johnny english said:
What's it worth guys ?

I might have a punt at it , it's my size and it could be my first original - if it is original ?

CAUTION......see where the hanger sits on the shoulders....probably will blow out the first few times you wear it :(

Navy sheepskin is fragile these days....and those style hangers speed up its demise

Hacker

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnny english said:
I might have a punt at it , it's my size and it could be my first original - if it is original ?

It's an old repro ... Aero didn't have Navy contracts.

Roughwear

David you are spot on here. I had assumed it was an Aero repro from the beginning. Nice jacket, which is less likely to suffer the same blow-outs as originals.

hacker

Roughwear said:
David you are spot on here. I had assumed it was an Aero repro from the beginning. Nice jacket, which is less likely to suffer the same blow-outs as originals.

Old repro or not, using pointed wood hangers on sheepskin greatly increases the stress on the shoulders. In the pictures posted it looks like it's already pulling at that point. A risky deal at best IMO.

Hacker

Roughwear

hacker said:
Roughwear said:

Old repro or not, using pointed wood hangers on sheepskin greatly increases the stress on the shoulders. In the pictures posted it looks like it's already pulling at that point. A risky deal at best IMO.

Hacker

I agree the wooden hanger will damage the jacket and it may have already done so. Although it wont be as fragile as a wartime naval shearling it does have damage to the arm and yes, unless it goes very cheap, not a sensible purchase.

Roughwear

johnny english said:
So is this an Aero of Scotland jacket ?
Do they still make them ?

It looks like an old Aero of Scotland jacket as they bought up the rights to the Aero name. They make the AN-J4, but not the M445a anymore.

jacketimp

please read the listing......AGAIN

the seller states she does NOT know the age of the jkt........probably 25-30 years old.

John Lever

jacketimp said:
please read the listing......AGAIN

the seller states she does NOT know the age of the jkt........probably 25-30 years old.
Hmm... over the years I have had very many conversations with Ken Calder and now with Will persuading them to make USN shearlings with out success. They no longer make them because the machinist used to break down and cry because the rolled seams were so difficult to sew.
They have made them in the past, and this is one of their jackets.