• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Purchase: Original RAF Pre-War 'Links' Irvin Flying Jacket c.1938-9

philip.ed

Hi all,

I thought you might be interested in reading my latest website blog on my new purchase: an original pre-war RAF Irvin Flying Jacket made by Links. The Irvin dates from 1938-9.

As the photos show, the Irvin is still in superb condition with a lovely honey-coloured shearling complemented by the chestnut exterior which still maintains its original chroming.

C8EBF9CC-5684-40C1-BFFD-1C287788E9B8.jpg
875A108D-614A-4CB5-AB38-54602348CB76.jpg

B-Man2

Thats in amazing condition for a 1938-39 Irvin. You must be ecstatc...Great find.
Please post some additional photos when it arrives.
We dont get to see originals in this kind of condition very oftern these days.
Cheers

ausreenactor

Hi all,

I thought you might be interested in reading my latest website blog on my new purchase: an original pre-war RAF Irvin Flying Jacket made by Links. The Irvin dates from 1938-9.

As the photos show, the Irvin is still in superb condition with a lovely honey-coloured shearling complemented by the chestnut exterior which still maintains its original chroming.

View attachment 62418View attachment 62419
Looks brand new!

Thanks for the link...

philip.ed

Thank you for the lovely feedback everyone. It is a very well preserved example and fits in well with my Battle of Britain collection.

Thats in amazing condition for a 1938-39 Irvin. You must be ecstatc...Great find.
Please post some additional photos when it arrives.
We dont get to see originals in this kind of condition very oftern these days.
Cheers

I only posted the first two photos in the original post to save space, but if you follow the link there are a plethora of photos there! I am happy to take more if there are any other details anyone would like to see.

Pilot

Thank you for the lovely feedback everyone. It is a very well preserved example and fits in well with my Battle of Britain collection.

I only posted the first two photos in the original post to save space, but if you follow the link there are a plethora of photos there! I am happy to take more if there are any other details anyone would like to see.
Great Irvin, best I ever saw! Congrats!