• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New NorShor (Mark Fisher) shawl collar A1

Jeff M

I posted a few photos of this over at TFL in a discussion on a different topic. Thought I'd do a review here.
Received this jacket from Mark a couple of weeks ago. Basically an A1 design with a leather shawl collar;

I was looking for something akin to the jacket Lindberg is wearing in this photo posted on earlier threads here;

LindberghStLouis.jpg

The jacket is a beaut.
The fit is spot on perfect. Workmanship top notch.
The leather is horsehide, same batch as GoodWear got in a few months ago. I really like this leather. Soft....sturdy....nice grain.

The jacket carries the "NorShor" label, Marks new label/brand.

http://norshorleather.blogspot.com/

As usual, I can't say enough good things about Mark's jackets. This is my second one, my prior one being a "typical" A1.
Mark just sent me some photos of his "Cossack" design...similar to this with button front/pockets, collar a bit smaller, side tabs, leather cuffs and bottom hem. A gorgeous design that I may ask him to make for me in a different leather/color to compliment this.

Skip

Love that leather, very suave. Suits you very well Jeff

but where's the violin case ;)

CBI

About as classy a jacket as one could ask for. Mark does awesome work!

I am enjoying my Lincoln Brigade jacket he made for me. I guess its time to place another order soon!

Thanks and enjoy!

Jeff M

John Lever said:
Nice jacket, it's a very popular design at the moment. Is Mark planning an all leather version ?

Yes. He sent me some photos of what he is calling his "Cossack design".
Similar collar/pockets/button layout, leather cuffs and bottom hem rather than knit. Triangular side panels at the bottom with side strap pulls at the bottom. Very sharp looking

Dr H

Yes, fine looking jacket Jeff, Mark.
If I were a jacket manufacturer I'd be releasing a version called the Zeitgeist...
The zipper manufacturers will be looking to private sources of income soon at this rate! ;)

Incidentally Jeff, is Superior Flight Apparel no more or is Norshor a subsidiary?
Personally, I really liked to former, but I guess that it might cut out a bit of the market?

jack aranda

Yesss! Nice jacket. Cut, fit, all of it. I agree: Mark's work keeps getting smoother, cooler, more elegant with every jacket.

Jeff M

Dr H said:

Incidentally Jeff, is Superior Flight Apparel no more or is Norshor a subsidiary?
Personally, I really liked to former, but I guess that it might cut out a bit of the market?

Not sure. I got the impression SFA is evolving into NorShor.

Dr H

Oh well, shame - I'd keep the SFA aeroplane logo/label for repro flight jackets...

fishmeok

Hello

Thanks for the compliments- Jeff it looks great on you!

I am slowly evolving into NorShor (from the North Shore of Lake Superior where I grew up) but will still be using the SFA labels as well as needed.

Thank you
Mark