• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW United Sheeplined dull pigment hh

CBI

Yes, this brown is here to stay (that's my impression visiting with him about it). I think John feels its the most authentic brown yet. For those of us who have the "older - new"" HH from Japan, no need to throw away those as the reddish tones are still authentic, just not as across the board, standard as this new stuff. I did think John wanted a little less red overall in his brown hides. It sounds like the tannery he uses really has his requests down. Not sure if the other hide will still be available. I ended up hot watering one of the new but not THIS new hides and it did remove some of the reddish tone and the hide is perfect - I loved it before but now is even more terrific. I don't think John thought the older/new hide was too shiny but I think some customers might have. In person, the hide is not too shiny and I felt spot on. In any case, it dulls up pretty quick with use just as the originals. My Bronco with this newest of the new hide arrives after the first of Feb. John's moto business is really picking up so maybe he will keep the reddish hide for biker jackets. Don't be surprised if you see his "moto line" really take off. Look out Aeroleather! Yes, I am sure we will still be able to get killer A-2's!!! :)

Vcruiser

Wow...I didn't even know that John had a line of motorcycle jackets.
Just checked them out on website. They look really good. He's making a couple of my favorite styles..dammit!
Van

rikbb

Hello,
I think it's the same dull russet as my recently received Poughkeepsie
from John Chapman's line.
Just amazing dense, leather
R0012985.jpg

R0012987.jpg

CBI

Great - PK A-2!

Yes, the moto jackets with his hide source look like they can't be beat! Really terrific. Thank God I am just an A-2 guy! :eek: