• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW United Sheeplined dull pigment hh

Cobblers161

Here's couple of shots of John's new dull pigment hh in the shape of a United Sheeplined. I'll post some more detailed shots and a few words in a wee while as I'm in a rush just now but suffice to say I love this jacket and the leather is very very nice indeed. It's had 3 days wear and a reasonable soaking in the rain.

_SWH5464.jpg

_SWH5470.jpg

_SWH5471.jpg

_SWH5473.jpg

_SWH5469.jpg

and a quick crappy fit shot.....

_SWH5486-1.jpg

CBI

terrific! I think John feels this is his most authentic brown color to date. Sounds like he loves it and its exactly what he has been looking for. I still like the ones with a little red in it as some originals have that shade but this looks just as cool. Guess one needs many of each! Congrats - :D

Roughwear

John has done an excellent job here. I like the slightly duller pigment and its really close to my original Sheeplined. Congrats.

Mac

Wow! That's a great jacket. I like that leather color -- looks very authentic.

Cheers,

Mac

Peter Graham

Cobblers161 said:
and a quick crappy fit shot.....

_SWH5486-1.jpg
Lovely jacket but come off it, that's no crappy fit shot. It's a beautifully composed photo using a high quality camera in a well lit retro styled bathroom. Love it. Wish I could take photos like that.

SuinBruin

Fantastic jacket, I love it. Man, I gotta get another GW or three. How can I make a quick five grand? :?:

Cobblers161

Peter Graham said:
Cobblers161 said:
and a quick crappy fit shot....
Lovely jacket but come off it, that's no crappy fit shot. It's a beautifully composed photo using a high quality camera in a well lit retro styled bathroom. Love it. Wish I could take photos like that.

Ah Pete, you say the sweetest things! It was just a 'quick self timer shot while the wife's downstairs as I don't want her to find out there's another of those damn jackets arrived'.

I'll give you a few lessons when I eventually get over to photograph the usmc depot.

High Iron

Beautiful jacket! And thanks for posting photos. Is the pigment horse hide seal or russet? Hard to tell in low light. If you have time could you post more pics in better lighting, please? Thanks!

Cobblers161

No problem, I'll get on the case tomorrow. It's a dull russet and as you say the low light gives it a seal appearance.

Silver Surfer

not bad, not bad at all, my man. and a nice fit to boot. having recieved a sample of that hide from chappy, i know that it is indeed mid brown-russet, in a matte finish. upon scratching the surface of the hide sample, i found that it had a very light colored base. it will be very interesting to see how this hide wears, and to what degree the under coat is revealed, and in what fashion. v

Cobblers161

These shots are more accurate in the colour depiction of the new HH. Of course it depends how accurately your monitor is calibrated but having shot these in softened natural light they are about as near as damn it:

_SWH5733.jpg

_SWH5731.jpg

_SWH5732.jpg

_SWH5748.jpg

_SWH5737.jpg

_SWH5738.jpg

I think it's wonderful stuff.

CBI

Looks great. I think I am getting a Bronco in this hide very soon :D

Can't wait - thanks for posting. I believe this is now the echt-brown HH of all the repros!

Andrew

So is this the second generation Japanese HH? If so was the first too shiny and is John no longer using it?

Grant

This is second generation Japanese hide. It's a spray finish, not analine like the first batch was.