• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW Rough Wear 1401-P

wop54

Look what I found this morning when I got home....
IMG_0201-1.jpg

Inside the box there was the new RW 1401-P in the new russet HH, from JC.
Thank you John, you made me feel very happy! :D :D :D :D
Im the proud owner of this jacket :cool: :
http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/a2_rw1401p.html
The leather is just fantastic, and in the daylight the colour is a treat... too bad its still around 25 C°...

Roughwear

Splendid jacket. This is an excellent copy of the famous 1401-p contract. Perhaps you could post some pics of you wearing it.

atkins

Congrats Carlo, gee i wish i have $500 to spend for the GW 1401 just a week ago ( aaaaaaaaaaaggh ) :cry: . IMHO, that's the ultimate jacket you got there. Can't wait for the pics !

Aaaaaaaaaghtkins

Roughwear

atkins said:
Congrats Carlo, gee i wish i have $500 to spend for the GW 1401 just a week ago ( aaaaaaaaaaaggh ) :cry: . IMHO, that's the ultimate jacket you got there. Can't wait for the pics !

Aaaaaaaaaghtkins

I assume you mean the ultimate repro of a 1401-P?

wop54

. IMHO, that's the ultimate jacket you got there.

Aaaaaaaaaghtkins[/quote]
It's exactly what i promised to my wife... :lol:

As for the pics (taken with a cheap mobile...) ....holding my breath a bit :oops:
IMG_0213-1.jpg

IMG_0225-1.jpg

atkins

Roughwear said:
atkins said:

Aaaaaaaaaghtkins

Yes, ultimate repro ..........beside ELC of course.

Carlo, is that the new horsehide? is there any squeaky-ness?

wop54

atkins said:
Roughwear said:
atkins said:

Aaaaaaaaaghtkins

Yes, ultimate repro ..........beside ELC of course.

Carlo, is that the new horsehide? is there any squeaky-ness?

Yes, its the new horsehide, that's just amazing, natural and grainy. I just tried it on for a few minutes but yes, it does sqeak a bit (but , to me, its a gentle sound reminding you that you are wearing leather :D )

better duck

Hi Carlo,

Looking good man, you must be one satisfied customer!
I am awaiting my new Dubow in the same new HH and the thin RW 1401 that John sold recently (to me) in the old HH.
Two Goodwears in one box!

Grant

Looking at the photos of John's repro 1401 it looks like the lower sleeves are cut slightly wider than the original. I always thought the 1401 sleeves were pretty narrow. Take a look at Jimmy's 1401 and compare them to Johns.
JimmyStewartwithcrewofBetty.jpg

shiloh

wop54 said:
. IMHO, that's the ultimate jacket you got there.

Aaaaaaaaaghtkins
It's exactly what i promised to my wife... :lol:

As for the pics (taken with a cheap mobile...) ....holding my breath a bit :oops:
IMG_0213-1.jpg

IMG_0225-1.jpg
[/quote]

Congrats!!! Very beautiful jacket. The fit looks spot on and I love that colour. Wear it in good health.

Regards,

Shiloh

Roughwear

Grant said:
Looking at the photos of John's repro 1401 it looks like the lower sleeves are cut slightly wider than the original. I always thought the 1401 sleeves were pretty narrow. Take a look at Jimmy's 1401 and compare them to Johns.
JimmyStewartwithcrewofBetty.jpg

I have owned several originals and the sleeves were narrower on a size 42 than my size 44. Here's the link to the thread on the 44 for comparison.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5057

atkins

better duck said:
and the thin RW 1401 that John sold recently (to me) in the old HH.

That's the one i'm talking about! Peter, post the picture too will ya? Nice to know the jacket is in your hand.

Thanks again Carlo, very good ultimatey jacket indeed. Help me rehearse the counter argument to my wife next time i purchase a jacket will you?Did you buy stuff for her to 'even it out'? :D

Atkins

better duck

atkins said:
(....) post the picture too will ya? Nice to know the jacket is in your hand.

Will do, Atkins. I'll organise a photoshoot with my daughters as photographers. They are used to see their dad in this somewhat weird outfit every now and then! :D