• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW Dubow 27798 in Dark Russet Goat

Jeff M

Stunning.
I have a couple of GW's with goat, and the hide John is using is fantastic.
Looks like a great fit.
Congrats!

ButteMT61

It's awesome - but like others - I had to wonder if it's been worn for a while and had the HWT. The pockets show outlines usually found on well-worn items (the "pocket donut" in jeans from tobacco cans for instance). Hard to imagine it's new - it looks so damn good. That's pretty impressive - and the being impressed thing seems to advance with every GW creation. Lucky dog!

Cobblers161

Definitely no HWT round these parts, I'm not a big fan certainly not on jackets at this price ;)

As for the pockets well as soon as I received it I did my usual and put a 40's Zippo in one and to get some definition in the other I used an old battered hip flask. After the rain shower the pockets were wet so I gently pressed around the edges to ever so slightly accentuate the lines. Nothing major just exceptional hide with lots of grain straight out the box.

3 days wear now and it just gets better :D You gotta love JC!

ButteMT61

Oh, I believe you, but I was just saying I'm amazed. Wondered if that was a lighter - I have a 50's Western Airlines Zippo I keep in one (my Mom was a stewardess) and the others all have coins from the era, or a later Silver Ike dollar. Nice to see what others put in their jackets!

Roughwear

This is a fantastic jacket Steve. The goatskin is exactly like wartime goatskin and it already looks nicely broken in. The measurements seem to equate to an original 27798 Dubow in a size 46 although there was much variation in the actual size of original Dubows.

wop54

Masterpiece! And the fit is PERFECT...!!!
I'm in the waiting list for a Dubow in dark seal goatskin.. :)

mindful

great fit looks perfect on you once again true vintage fit goat skin looks amazing another gem to the GW SAGA

johnwayne

Must add my 2p's worth and agree with all - a bloomin nice jacket and exactly the colour I'd like, as all mine are russet!
On that note, did Dubow produce seal orignals? Not sure I've seen one but the fact you had JC make you one I'm guessing they did - assuming that is JC would/not go against the orignal contract spec if asked?

cheers
Wayne

Cobblers161

Its a dark russet as opposed to seal, wonderful stuff!

Damien I will post some more pics outside although these are a very good reflection of colour and only daylight was used, no indoor tungsten.

Roughwear

johnwayne said:
Must add my 2p's worth and agree with all - a bloomin nice jacket and exactly the colour I'd like, as all mine are russet!
On that note, did Dubow produce seal orignals? Not sure I've seen one but the fact you had JC make you one I'm guessing they did - assuming that is JC would/not go against the orignal contract spec if asked?

cheers
Wayne

Yes they did Wayne. I used to own a seal one from the 27798 contract and most from the last 1944 contract were dark seal.

TOMG1401

This jacket is what all repro's should be measured against. After John, the bullsh#t excuses like the one from ken calder and the other repro makers don't fly anymore, this is now a new generation, where the maker ACTUALLY fulfills the claim of authenticity we all have fallen for and fallen short of for 20 years, they need to get on board it's a new day.............or radically reduce pricing