• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW Dubow 27798 in Dark Russet Goat

Cobblers161

Well folks I am pleased to say that the 12 months wait has been well worth the while, my Dubow has arrived. Woohoo!

I plumped for the Dark Russet Goat and have not been disappointed in the slightest, it's amazing stuff. The new knits also are excellent.

To his credit JC went through the sizing meticulously and I now have a jacket that fits exactly how I wanted it :D

As I was so impressed with the final result I placed a deposit for the next one immediately.

Anyway here's the pics.... Please excuse the tache, it's Movember in the UK. ;)

DSC_1257.jpg

DSC_1254.jpg

DSC_1253-2.jpg

DSC_1273.jpg

DSC_1269.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1267.jpg

DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1259.jpg

All in all it's pretty damn nice :D

A

Anonymous

Impressive stuff.
This looks like it has 5 years or wear.
What size you wear? 42?

ausreenactor

Cobblers161 said:
As I was so impressed with the final result I placed a deposit for the next one immediately.

:D

Amazing jacket! What is the next one...or is that a surprise? What are the measurements on
this one? :twisted:

Oh! Nice Mo-gress...

Couchy...

stevetfire

Bloody hell is it me or does JC just keep getting better at making them look like originals..that's not to say that
He hasn't done all along ,and I have several ,but I think you guys know what I mean......that goat is absolutely stunning.......you lucky @#%%%$#@.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

watchmanjimg

As a general rule I strongly prefer horsehide to goatskin, but this jacket is magnificent in every respect. Enjoy!

Dr H

PLATON said:
Impressive stuff.
This looks like it has 5 years or wear.
What size you wear? 42?

No, thankfully a 44 (when he tires of it) :D

Looks great Steve, good choice!

Going to have to go some with the 'tache though - already one week down!

Andrew

Has the the collar shape changed slightly? Looks a little more like the RM swoop collar than the straight side one. Maybe thats just the shots. Beautiful stuff though.

Andrew

Dr H said:
Do you mean RW Andrew or are you in RMW mode?
Haha, you'll have to do better DrH or do I call you Dr Evil. :cool: Think you can trick me up with sneaky acronyms I dont even know eh? No I wasnt referring to RH's RW Swoop but the extreme RNNZ Dub inside collar swoop. Just wot is an RMW anyway?

Cobblers161

Andrew, it may well be the wide angle lens accentuating the curve on the close up shots, it's the same shape as my two previous Dubows.

Couchy, measurements are:

Chest 24" PtoP (25 front, 23 back panel)
Shoulders 19"
Sleeves 26"
Down the back 25.5"
Windflap 22.5" to 23"

Next one will be in the dark japanese hh most likely an Aero, possibly, whatever it'll be it's at least 12 months away :)

CBI - No hwt, it's not something I've ever done, I'm not sure I could take the risk tbh. So far this little number had had 2 days wear and during that time has been caught out in a rain shower and then worn until dry.

Ian, there's more to it than initially meets the eye, honest.

I'm chuffed to bits with this one, John really has excelled. Cheers fella!

Dr H

Looks grand - you're going to have to shorten those sleeves a bit before I take it on though ;)

Dr H

Andrew said:
Dr H said:
Do you mean RW Andrew or are you in RMW mode?
Haha, you'll have to do better DrH or do I call you Dr Evil. :cool: Think you can trick me up with sneaky acronyms I dont even know eh? No I wasnt referring to RH's RW Swoop but the extreme RNNZ Dub inside collar swoop. Just wot is an RMW anyway?

All this talk of swoops...are you sure Jeff isn't using your avatar Andrew?! ;)

RMW = RM Williams, but what is this RNNZ of which you speak (anything to do with RMNZ? :twisted: )

CBI

I knew there was some water work in the mix! Love it when these jackets get caught in the rain! Looks very cool. Yes, John's latest goat hides look just awesome and I wouldn't hesitate. Probably my next GW will be a goat one.