• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Good Wear A-2 1936 Werber Contract 10-23-12

Dr H

ButteMT61 said:
Roughwear said:
Yeh, I know that Scott ad that's why I used "Seriously"... :)

I think JC has replicated more original contracts than any other maker and he has made them on his own with just some admin support. This really is quite an achievement.

Is the list above (yours) really the only ones left undone? Are there any possible missing contracts out there? I just enjoy learning. This one today has me floored - never saw anything with that throat latch and double snap.

What about the Aussie V-505... :geek:

Roughwear

ButteMT61 said:
Roughwear said:
Yeh, I know that Scott ad that's why I used "Seriously"... :)

I think JC has replicated more original contracts than any other maker and he has made them on his own with just some admin support. This really is quite an achievement.

Is the list above (yours) really the only ones left undone? Are there any possible missing contracts out there? I just enjoy learning. This one today has me floored - never saw anything with that throat latch and double snap.

John usually works from original A2s. Unfortunately it is very hard to come by originals of the pre-War ones I mentioned and I suspect this is one reason why he has not reproduced them yet.

A

Anonymous

Seriously it's more than one contract he has yet to make.

1933 Weber
1937 Aero
1937 H.L.B Corp
1938 Werber

the are some in excess of that list that he hasn't made, but that doesn't make him any less great.

I'd guess the Japanese have made more contracts, but they have been in the trade at least a decade earlier I think

Roughwear

There are a few other jackets that as far as I know John does not make perhaps because they are too similar to other contracts from the same original maker which he already reproduces:

1940 Aero
Aero 42-15142-P
Dubow AC23379
Cable AC23382
Rough Wear 16159
Rough Wear AC23380
Bronco W33-038ac1761
No name (Perry) 1756
No name (Doniger) W535ac29971

ButteMT61

Thanks Andrew! I was just wondering how long the list of contracts was - not so much what JC hasn't made - although that's amazing in and of itself. I'd rather see the quality and work than a longer list - but I imagine he's got a few good years left to knock off more.
I wonder why the latch system on this jacket didn't prove to be more popular? Seems like it would be easier than the throat latches, but I've not tried one in person obviously.

kiltie

This really is a great looking jacket. Beyond the look of the leather and craftsmanship, like Butte, this is the first time I have seen the "chinstrap" throat latch. Very neat.

Roughwear said:
ButteMT61 said:
PLATON said:
is there a GW contract you don't have?

The one JC hasn't made yet may be the only one :lol:

Seriously it's more than one contract he has yet to make.

1933 Weber
1937 Aero
1937 H.L.B Corp
1938 Werber

Andrew ( or anyone else, for that matter ) -

Is there anything in the above contracts that would immediately make them stand out from other pre-war jackets, say the way the collar of this one does?

johnwayne

Super, super jacket - I've said this before but you just when you get to thinking, well I probably dont need another A2, I think I've enough (and I dont scratch the surface compared to some here) and then you see something like this - JC once again leaves us wanting! Enjoy, I certainly would!!

cheers
Wayne

B-Man2

I just noticed that John put up some pictures on his website of a new Cable Raincoat (3 Nov 2012) with the same great golden knits. I've never seen a Cable with golden knits, (but that certainly doesn't mean that it doesn't exist). Does anyone know if that particular Cable contract was manufactured with gold knits during the war?

It does make the jacket standout very nicely, but I'm wondering if the repro is authentic to the contract or something that John made up for those of us that appreciate a little "custom work" :cool:

Roughwear

All the Cables I have seen have had mid brown knits. I notice that John has made this Cable 42-10008-P in horse hide rather than goatskin. Most Cable Raincoat jackets from this contract were made from goatskin, but I know a few were made in horse and Victor has a painted one in horse.

B-Man2

So it would seem that this particular cable is a departure from the authenticity that John usually gives us and is something new???

I wonder if he's decided to move into a little customizing work?

Roughwear

Here are pics of two original Cable 42-10008-Ps and both have dark brown knits.

Goatskin

cuff.jpg

Horse hide

IMG_6961.jpg

A

Anonymous

the gold knits are a good match to the that light russet

TOMG1401

John's jackets are the Holy Grail, I think we all agree, the '36 Werber is amazing.But was Waldes an original supplier of these type zipps ? I recall when ELC introduced the 33" Werber with the same zipp stamped Hookless, which was legit, they were ripped apart by the experts as having royally screwed up by the zipps not being stamped Talon. So is Waldes legit or just gets another free pass because nothing negative will be tolerated regarding GW, just think about it