• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC "Time Worn" A2s

Roughwear

At Duxford Gary showed me some original maker A2s with a time worn effect. They have been "aged" like the new 50 Cal A2. I bought a "Time worn" RW 1401p, made from the more grainy warhorse hide, which I am extremely pleased with. He is now making all original maker A2s with the time worn finish, but they will cost around £50 more than the ordinary version. I will post some pics of the 1401 shortly.

Tim P

how time worn are they? sounds like a plan for an instant beater for those of that mindset. cant wait to see pics.

Roughwear

Tim P said:
how time worn are they? sounds like a plan for an instant beater for those of that mindset. cant wait to see pics.

Tim, The finish is like my 50 Cal. On the 1401 some of the high points appear to have been burnished and the lighter tan colour is showing through. The sleeves have more folds and wrinkles and the jacket is like a lightly worn original.

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Don't like the look of the BR. It's too even and fake looking.

They are like lightly worn originals, not fakes.As Gary says the "treatment involves breaking and burnishing instead of scuffing, to achieve a slightly more subtle vintage appearance."

John Lever

Roughwear said:
John Lever said:

They are like lightly worn originals, not fakes.As Gary says the "treatment involves breaking and burnishing instead of scuffing, to achieve a slightly more subtle vintage appearance."
I haven't seen the ELC so I can't comment. But the BR looks 'ify' to me.

Tim P

never been a fan of sanded down jackets. buz will sell lots of those but they are not to my taste. look too fake.

asiamiles

hacker said:
Roughwear said:
John Lever said:

They are like lightly worn originals, not fakes.

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

He means they look like lightly worn originals, rather than looking like artificially aged jackets ("fakes"), whereas - on the computer screen, at any rate - the Buzz looks more artificially aged ("fake") than truly well worn or beaten up.

asiamiles

Roughwear said:
At Duxford Gary showed me some original maker A2s with a time worn effect. They have been "aged" like the new 50 Cal A2. I bought a "Time worn" RW 1401p, made from the more grainy warhorse hide, which I am extremely pleased with.

Like you really needed another A-2, right?! :D

Roughwear

The jacket has been gently burnished with "wear" on the higher areas. There some nice areas of pronounced grain, which are similar to my original 1401.

028-5.jpg

030-4.jpg

031-5.jpg

033-4.jpg

034-3.jpg

036-3.jpg

032-2.jpg

042-3.jpg

TankBuster

Looks nice. Although I have to say it looks very similar to
the regular Warhorse 1401 that I had. I guess I had it in my
mind that there was going to be a little more of an aged look