• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC Star A2 up on the site

Tim P

That works for me. Big time. I was a big fan of the star before and I have that and the Monarch.. Each of these now upgraded makes a fellas thoughts go to savin' :)

ausreenactor

I recall my Star having a snazzy red shade of thread. Now they must be downsizing to one spool for the workshop? Grain is good, but will be different for every jacket. Change for sake of change?

Couchy

442RCT

A-2 horsehide Star Eastman flight jacket sz 46

Star A-2 size 46. Vegetable tanned horsehide in a beautiful dark chocolate brown. Jacket is a correct reproduction of the original WW2 Star contract jacket made in england y the Eastman company. I went through a couple of years that I was very intrigued with the A-2 jacket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-2-horsehide-Star- ... 20b5ea5856

Tim P

well of course the whole 100% correct thing is interesting... how a revamp can improve on a 100% correct jacket is unclear but they seem to have...plus better means more costly....i imagine the lower end price of the non italian leather is obsolete. the gap between sttandard and 'maker' jackets price wise is widening.

John Lever

I have been told that they had run out of sheepskin so could not make my B-6 until January...
I wonder if they are just concentrating totally on Star production to cope with anticipated orders ?
Yesterday they told me they were all flat out making A-2's

269sqnhudson

I currently absolutely LOVE my ELC Cable A2 so I won't be getting one.
Also, I just plain don't like the new warhorse (note the old warhorse is no longer called as much on the details pages, only the new £650 ones are now called warhorse). As I said earlier in the year I had a couple of samples and the colour bled badly when I dampened it so it left brown stains on my fingers. I just don't trust that kind of finish, it can't be authentic surely?

Marv

Not sure if I like it to be honest.....I think I prefer my circa 2006 ELC Star

photo1.jpg

IMHO JC's Goodwear version of the Star is the way to go, I think it's a excellent repro A2 (not that I own one ;) )

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gw ... ages3.html

John Lever

I like it, particularly the leather, but as an A-2 novice can't see anysignificant differences between my RW to justify an another big spend.

stanier

I really like it, and if a repro Star could be improved on by anybody, would like to know how.

It appears pretty much spot on with the original Star pictures. The Warhorse is fab, IMHO. I remember turning up at 1940's weekend a few years ago in the earlier ELC Star and my father took one look and asked if I was wearing a plastic jacket(!) so Warhorse definately appeals.

Now my quandry is I still haven't got (but want) a B-3 and now I'm taken with this too. And by the time ELC could get to making me a B-3 the artic weather will be gone... decisions, decisions...

767fo

Eastman has done a great job on the new Star. I hope they upgrade the hide on their 33 Werber I would buy it in a heartbeat. I haven't seen any pics of people wearing a Star so I thought I would post one of the Good Wear I just received in John's new seal aniline. Have a great holiday!!!

Star.jpg

watchmanjimg

767fo said:
Eastman has done a great job on the new Star. I hope they upgrade the hide on their 33 Werber I would buy it in a heartbeat. I haven't seen any pics of people wearing a Star so I thought I would post one of the Good Wear I just received in John's new seal aniline. Have a great holiday!!!

Star.jpg

Great-looking jacket! I posted mine awhile ago. Sorry for the crappy pics:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6879&hilit=+star

767fo

watchmanjimg said:
767fo said:

Star.jpg

Great-looking jacket! I posted mine awhile ago. Sorry for the crappy pics:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6879&hilit=+star

Thank you for the kind comments. I missed those pics of your jacket. John really out did himself on our Star's.

airfrogusmc

767fo said:

Star.jpg

Really nice looking Star.

watchmanjimg

767fo said:
Thank you for the kind comments. I missed those pics of your jacket. John really out did himself on our Star's.

My pleasure, sir. I proudly wore mine to dinner last night. :D