• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New bill kelso A2 16160

Davidjohn7

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81

mulceber

I think this is a case where everyone is right - it does look a bit tight on you, but it ALSO may be that you're not used to the A-2 jacket style. They're pretty odd jackets by modern standards, since nearly all jackets nowadays have some sort of design element to make the sleeves not ride up when you lift your arms. Also, while plenty of jackets these days have knit cuffs, most people you see wearing them on the street have them sized like circus tents. If you're wearing a jacket with knits that's a *good* fit, it's gonna feel a bit weird if you're not used to it.

Last edited:

Brettafett

Bill Kelso's jackets are exact copies of WW2 jackets, so the general rule would be to to go one size up from your chest, maybe two sizes up if you want to layer.

The Aero pattern is generally comfortable, but does have higher armholes, compared to some other contracts.
So it may at first feel a bit tight there, but will loosen ups with wear.

Still, I think you'd be best to size up.

Rutger

If it doesn't fit you comfortably you will always take the jacket next to it.
Maybe Kelso can give advice towards another contract; you wouldn't want the sleeves to be too long.
Mind you, the sleeves get shorter with wear.

Brettafett

So, I'm about the same as you then and I wear a 42.
I'm quite a trim bloke all-round and dont tend to layer more than a light sweater myself, if that.

In this case, I would say the bottom line is how you feel wearing it. It's not the wrong size, technically. It could very well be the pattern/ contract.
I can see by the photos that the arm hole is a bit tight and the neck, high.

A Dubow or Poughkeepsie in a 42 for example, will feel differently. If you want to stay with the Aero, a 44 may be more comfy.
And perfectly within the classic WWII fit profile.

mulceber

I also find it strange that a size 42 Aero 16160 would have a 21.5 pit to pit measurement. Andy sent me the measurements on that contract several years ago, and iirc, that measurement *should* be 23.5 inches.

Davidjohn7

I also find it strange that a size 42 Aero 16160 would have a 21.5 pit to pit measurement. Andy sent me the measurements on that contract several years ago, and iirc, that measurement *should* be 23.5 inches.
Maybe my measurements are not good if you look at my Schott my jacket. It’s 23 inch now look at my aero .

Attachments

• IMG_2181.jpeg
    IMG_2181.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81