• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New bill kelso A2 16160

Davidjohn7

Dear members,

I bought a new Bill kelso A2 16160 jacket but I believe it’s to tight. All my jackets I have are a Large, I did all the measurements required like they mention on the sight. I’ve been in contact with Pete from bill Kelso he advised me to get a few comments from a couple of professionals who own multiple A2 jackets. So it would be nice if someone can give some comment. I took a few pics some are with a hoodie some are with out. I think the size is to small and need one size larger. Especially under my arm pits it’s absolutely tight.

Thank you for your comments much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpeg
    IMG_2179.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2177.jpeg
    IMG_2177.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2173.jpeg
    IMG_2173.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2175.jpeg
    IMG_2175.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 210

D97x7

I think it looks fine, but I'm not the owner. The fact that you're on here asking a fit question would suggest that you aren't so maybe see if you can get something with lower arm holes perhaps, not certain which contracts do but I know some have.

Kermit3D

It looks good. The jacket might relax a little after wearing it for a while, but maybe not enough.
If you don't feel comfortable, then you may want to consider changing sizes. The problem is that the sleeves will be a little too long.
Would the solution be to choose another contract ?

However from what I understand (from John Chapman's comments on the Goodwear site), the Aero Leather 16160 contract is rather roomy in the chest... but perhaps Bill Kelso's copy does not reproduce this characteristic.

Maybe Pete (from Bill Kelso) could make a larger size with slightly shorter sleeves ?

It’s still a very nice jacket.

Dany McDonald

Hello David,

From the images you posted, I see a fold at the chest even when relax, it is too tight. If you already feel uncomfortable especially in a t-shirt then maybe this nice BK A-2 is not for you.
Don't wait and get a replacement and enjoy this fine repro like it should.

My two cents....

Davidjohn7

Are you wearing a hoodie?
I was wearing a hoodie but also without hoodie. Both situations my armpits cuts in to my skin. I have Schott ny perfecto jacket size L which fits perfectly with and without hoodie. I know it’s a completely different jacket but still.

Pilot

Hello David,

From the images you posted, I see a fold at the chest even when relax, it is too tight. If you already feel uncomfortable especially in a t-shirt then maybe this nice BK A-2 is not for you.
Don't wait and get a replacement and enjoy this fine repro like it should.

My two cents....
Fully agree… if not it will give you a lot of sleepless nights :-(

Davidjohn7

K
You need to size up.
It 'looks' good, but I can see its too tight and not comfortable. If its not comfortable it can be a golden goose and you'd still not wear it.

Out of interest, what is your pit to pit? And what size is your jacket?
the jacket is a 42 R pit to pit 21,5 inch.