• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New bill kelso A2 16160

Brettafett

I measured a jacket earlier and it's tricky to take pics and hold the tape.
Measurements are supposed to be taken taught. Yours looks to be 22" pit to pit, 22.5" if pulled tight, which is correct.

End of the day, you have to wear it. If it's not comfortable, best size up or try a more 'forgiving' contract.
Keep in mind, even a 44 will still have the same pattern quirks, ie the higher arm hole etc.

blackrat2

I am in the size up camp, maybe two sizes up
If you think the majority of time you’ll only be wearing a t-shirt it might work out but for sure if your wearing a jumper or sweatshirt it’s tight
The fact your asking would imply it’s a issue and as happened here before it will niggle you…now is the time to sort it as it’s a new jacket..good luck with your choice

Skyhawk

I measured a jacket earlier and it's tricky to take pics and hold the tape.
Measurements are supposed to be taken taught. Yours looks to be 22" pit to pit, 22.5" if pulled tight, which is correct.

End of the day, you have to wear it. If it's not comfortable, best size up or try a more 'forgiving' contract.
Keep in mind, even a 44 will still have the same pattern quirks, ie the higher arm hole etc.
I totally agree. This contract should have a chest of 22.5" in a size 42. It looks like if you pulled it tight for the measurement, it could be about that. Maybe 22.25" but not 21.5". I would chose another contract like Bronco in the same size. Those arms will be way too long on an Size 44. Take your full chest measurement and add 3", that should get you a comfortable size that is not too baggy. Looks like your Schott there is probably 24" if measured correctly so consider that as well.

Nickb123

I had a BK Roughwear 23380 years ago, IIRC it was a size 40 with a 21.5 P2P. I had a similar issue where it was at least one size too small (no fault of BK). It was actually slightly painful to wear because of the immense pressure up in the armpits when wearing.

Davidjohn7

Thanks for all the replies guys, i decided to keep the jacket and not wear a thick hoodie under it as like some of you said before it’s not meant to be to wear one under. And I think the jacket needs to break in a little as well. Other question Has anyone got experience with the

Great Escape – Capt. Virgil Hilts jacket?​

That’s also a fine looking jacket perhaps for the near future.

Brettafett

Some general info on all three makers here..

Drzdave58

Thanks for all the replies guys, i decided to keep the jacket and not wear a thick hoodie under it as like some of you said before it’s not meant to be to wear one under. And I think the jacket needs to break in a little as well. Other question Has anyone got experience with the

Great Escape – Capt. Virgil Hilts jacket?​

That’s also a fine looking jacket perhaps for the near future.
I recently acquired a BK Hilts jacket and am enjoying it.
IMG_3786.jpeg
IMG_3804.jpeg

Last edited: