• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Alexander Irvin

m444uk

What's the view on this ? Certainly looks warm.

http://www.alexanderleathers.com/milita ... acket.html

irvin_6_.jpg

Roughwear

For some reason this jacket reminds me of an Aero Irvin! The rounded collar is very much like Links jackets. The zips look familiar. Aces High and ELC produce more authentic looking Irvins IMO and I'm hoping Alexander Irvins get better and better.

m444uk

I wonder if Will Lauder didn't just take a copy of all the Aero patterns before he left.
He had a hand in some of them http://www.alexanderleathers.com/sale/m ... jacke.html

The drop-down menu on the non-sale jackets is interesting. Every dimension including shoulder width is selectable in half inch increments.
This really puts the onus on the customer to measure themselves accurately. Get the shoulder width wrong and sleeve length will
be out too. I don't see how the potentially large number of custom sized returns can be absorbed without buckrtupting the company :?

PaulGT3

"For some reason this jacket reminds me of an Aero Irvin!"

Funniest thing I have heard all day! Thanks Andrew!!

m444uk

The price seems a bit elevated. The D1 + B-3 were £400-£450 at the introductory price.

I couldn't resist buying a jerky horse Roadster @ £300. It's made of a mid-weight (1.4 mm according to my callipers) veg tanned horse sourced from an English tannery.
This is what it looks like after 2 days wear in the dry. Already plenty of character developing. Something a chrome tanned leather wont have. In time the black will wear thin and the tan base will give a translucent effect.
Construction quality is as good as any Eastman I've had.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

Otter

I liked the Barnstormer clone they had in the sale pages, i would have bought one of those but the do not have it in my size! Probably just as well for my addiction. :mrgreen:

I have one of the Aero Irvins and boy is it fluffy, about twice the volume of my Eastman B-3 and just about twice as warm.

m444uk

Otter said:
I have one of the Aero Irvins and boy is it fluffy, about twice the volume of my Eastman B-3 and just about twice as warm.

I've been wearing my Eastman Perry type B-3 continuously for months as it's so cold ! In fact it doesn't have enough loft for the coldest days. A 20 mph wind at -2
requires donning an expedition quality goose down jacket. 3/4 inch shearling is strictly for summer use in the Uk these days.

dodge123tipper.jpg

Andreart

m444uk said:
The price seems a bit elevated. The D1 + B-3 were £400-£450 at the introductory price.

I couldn't resist buying a jerky horse Roadster @ £300. It's made of a mid-weight (1.4 mm according to my callipers) veg tanned horse sourced from an English tannery.
This is what it looks like after 2 days wear in the dry. Already plenty of character developing. Something a chrome tanned leather wont have. In time the black will wear thin and the tan base will give a translucent effect.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

I hate those tallon zip pulls they use, it gets stuck and its a pain in the ass to un stick and get loose. bad design. its too squared off where it meets the zip box.

Andreart

Andreart said:
m444uk said:

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

I hate those tallon zip pulls they use, it gets stuck and its a pain in the ass to un stick and get loose. bad design. its too squared off where it meets the zip box.

that HH is very similar to the Aero i had made durring the melt down, its all broken in and its awesome. mine was brown jerky but it was a spray finish, not doing a spray finish anymore, analine all the way.

m444uk

Andreart said:

The zips are cheapo YKK like on most of the £300 Alexander jackets. If they ever bust I'd put on RiRi. Precision Swiss made and vastly superior to anything else. This one is over 20 yeras old and seen a ton of use. Zero wear.

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

regius

Mind me mention something about the Alexander A2 here?

I ordered one with seal brown goat (I love that goat, the same one I had on Aero's Cheyenne). It's not exactly WW2 undertone of olive green, instead it's a brown and cordovan undertone, but still multi-layered and superb in quality.

I asked Amanda which 1942 model they copied (as said in their description), but she said they didn't copy any, just a generic design. however, the label is a 1939 Werber label, of course, with modifications. 39-2951p.

When it arrives we will see if the box stitch on the pocket is done right, for now, it's obvious the epaulettes are not Werber's epaulettes.

A

Anonymous

A comfortable 70 today were I sit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

m444uk

m444uk said:
I wonder if Will Lauder didn't just take a copy of all the Aero patterns before he left.

I must be Nostradamus, the Aero court case has subsequently shown that is exactly what the fellow detained at HM pleasure did !

John Lever

They still use the skins that Ken calls Teddy bear fleece. For me the arms don't look right still too tubular, bu it's probably very well made though.