• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero 30's jacket

John Lever

About ten years ago I gave Ken a heads up on a lovely unlined Menlo type jacket on abay. From what I can remember it is similar in design to the jackets made by Levis. Over the years I tried to persuade Aero to copy the jacket but it became forgotten and was left lying in a cupboard for a decade. A few months ago I spoke to Ken about it and he expressed a desire to remake the jacket when the appropriate leather became available. Yesterday he told me that the first test jacket had been made and that production might be up and running by Autumn.

Persimmon

John Lever said:
About ten years ago I gave Ken a heads up on a lovely unlined Menlo type jacket on abay. From what I can remember it is similar in design to the jackets made by Levis. Over the years I tried to persuade Aero to copy the jacket but it became forgotten and was left lying in a cupboard for a decade. A few months ago I spoke to Ken about it and he expressed a desire to remake the jacket when the appropriate leather became available. Yesterday he told me that the first test jacket had been made and that production might be up and running by Autumn.

After all your hard work is there some commission in this or even a name check...
the Aero " Lever Menlo"

John Lever

Dr H said:
That sounds like good news John - are you in line for one?
Yes, the original is a light beige so I don't know what colours will be offered in the special 'shank' leather.

Dr H

Hopefully something more practical than light beige... :roll:
Very '20s, but not so useful in today's environment.

regius

Several months ago I emailed Ken, describing how good it would be if the Kudu design has a pocket angled more horizontally, like the Menlo pocket. I sent him the picture of the Menlo as well.

Last friday he emailed me saying they incorporated it into their mid April launch, called the Sunburst, made from goat skin.

Ken did tell me this is a popular request.

With the new pocket angle and a new back design, Aero is going to hit a new high!

bretron

Seriously, seriously making me rethink my pending Aero half belt order...

Ian's Menlo is the bees knees- I honestly don't think it gets much better in a civvy jacket (full back piece or not). Ken, prove me wrong ;)