• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N.O.S. WWII M-1941 FIELD JACKET W-669-QM-29626

Blackboxr1200S

Do like the Parsons jacket, many pics existing of course of aircrew wearing them too, guessing mainly in non flying use! My ATF repro is adorned with a AAF cloth shoulder roundel and 77th FS patch sourced from ELC years ago when they first offered them - did query the b/g colour of yellow with Gary Eastman at the time thinking it’s normally Red but he said it varied???
Isn't the earlier M-38 referred to as a Parsons jacket? With the buttoned flapped pockets

1679833710599.png

Enigma1938

? I don't get it. It's a thread about a M41, no 43 51 65 or whatever....

I don't own a original cirrently but I have a Repro M41 from WW2impressions. The only good replica on the market IMHO. I tried the versions of Mil Tec Sturm, QMI, At the front, Paratrooper Inc. etc etc. every one of them had their faults, some were terrible.
It was a long journey to WW2impressions.

Enigma1938

I just have their M41 but when the rest of their products are of similar quality and authenticity then HELL YES !

MauldinFan

They're all an evolution from the Parson's design, so it all fits. No undies bunched. ;)
M41 simply isn't the QM designation for that jacket pattern, but it is what we all know it as today.
Historians and researchers have argued in recent years as to what it was officially called then, but most have attributed "Parsons" to what we now call the M38 (with pocket flaps) and M41 (without pocket flaps).
As for the jacket in the first post, I've only ever seen one other one these with cutter tags.