• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Aero Route 66...

blethook

So... after a long wait (order placed: End of June, arrived yesterday 4th of Sept.) I finally received my Aero Route 66 (size 38 regular). Timing wise is not too bad considering they're busy & took a 3-week holiday in July...Looks like the jacket was started on the 31st of August (tag date on the jacket) and probably took them a couple of days to finsih it...I would have to say it was worth the wait...

I specified a few modifications from the Aero's standard Route 66 as the standard Route 66 looks "too busy" for me (i.e., the slanted breast pocket & the buckled sleeve design) ... I've also had a Crown zipper fitted :D

The hide is vintage brown FQHH and it is not as stiff as the standard FQHH but nevertheless still heavy & stiff, compared to what I am used to...

It's still somewhat warm here in the UK but I'm going to start breaking the jacket in now...

Thanks to Van who made himself available to bounce ideas off, to share pics of his awesome Aero jackets, taking measurements, etc.

Here are a few pics:

Front:
AeroRoute66_Front01.jpg

AeroRoute66_Front02.jpg

AeroRoute66_FrontFlat.jpg

Back:
AeroRoute66_Back01.jpg

AeroRoute66_Back02.jpg

AeroRoute66_BackFlat.jpg

Zip & Lining:
AeroRoute66_ZipLining.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics...

Erwin

jack aranda

Good morning, blethook:
NICE jacket. I always enjoy looking at Aeros. That's the first Route 66, modified or otherwise, I've seen. Great front pockets, nice dimensions to the overall jacket--straight, simple design. A definite winner. :cool:

Thank you.

John Lever

Me too. The pockets are very stylish and slightly reminiscent of those on some vintage German jackets. As usual, great leather.

Corey

Very nice. I love the FQHH utility styles. You've chosen some stylish elements indeed. The Crown looks great on the jacket too!

Tommer45

Beautiful jacket! Looks great and the fit is right on. Great color too. Best of luck with it.. hope the weather cools down for ya.

Tommer

Tommer45

John Lever said:
The pockets are very stylish and slightly reminiscent of those on some vintage German jackets.

Hey John, speaking of German jackets how's the recent purchase from Aero looking? Getting some good use out of it?

Tommer

OneEyeMan

Another beautiful Aero.
Wear it with pride.
BTW, what lining is that?
I really like it and haven't seen it before.
Lenny

blethook

Thanks for the kind words gents,

It's been over a month now, the jacket is now showing a little bit of wear (somewhat difficult to notice). More rubbing off of the colour on the elbow areas, more grains coming out, but still somewhat stiff.

Here's a couple of pics of the jacket, front & back, after about 1 month of wear...

Front:
Route66Front.jpg

Back:
Route66Back.jpg

The lining pattern is called Douglas weathered Tartan.

You can actually ask Aero for any pattern you want - anything that's available on this site: http://www.lochcarron.com.