• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Aero Real Deal Horsehide A2

flyboy

Finally got it...

I am really happy with this one - although the arms might be a bit too long. But I hope they will "fold" after some use.
What do you guys think?

Silver Surfer

arms always "shrink" up naturally, so just wear it a coupla weeks and see what happens. you can always do some hot water on them later. all in all, aero still does a nice job with their a-2s. nice one.

saucerfiend

The jacket, hide and fit look fine. But those sleeves won't shrink enough. They look much too long. Take my advice and contact aero to shorten your sleeves. I'm sure they won't even charge you. And you'll be very happy with the result.

Brian

bretron

I'm with Brian on this. Getting a 1/2 trim on them will be well worth it over the long haul. Great jacket btw!

ButteMT61

Agree. Sleeves are way too long and won't ride up nearly enough. You can't even see the knits, so I think at LEAST 1" - maybe 1.5" would be good.
Otherwise, a swell jacket - and ahead of it's time apparently in it's "made imperfect like the originals" methodology. I had one before and sadly, it was too small for me, so I had to flip it.

derleicaman

Definitely tunneling on the sleeves. Hard to tell from the pictures, but it might be a bit wide in the shoulders which would lead to the sleeves being a bit long. Shortening an inch would certainly help. Overall, the jacket looks really nice. Noticed it is a size 52, which most makers won't do. I'm a 46 or a 48 in a Good Wear, sometimes a 44 might work, too. But I don't think I'm that big a guy at 5'11" and 196 lbs. It's got to be really tough for a big guy!

B-Man2

It looks good on you but, wear it for a while and then you'll know what needs to be done.

flyboy

Thanks for your kind advice, gents. I have asked Aero what they think should be done. The sleeves are def too long - and I don't think they will wrinkle into place - no matter how hard I break it in.
Besides that - I really, really like the feel of it and the quality. And the fit. (Not easy with a height of 6'2 and a chest like a barrel.)

A

Anonymous

Nice jacket, I like the color. When they fix the sleeves it will be great.

flyboy

The jacket is now winding its way back to Scotland.
Aero agreed to shorten the sleeves with 1,5" No costs...nice service!
And I am sure it will do the trick.

Roughwear

flyboy said:
The jacket is now winding its way back to Scotland.
Aero agreed to shorten the sleeves with 1,5" No costs...nice service!
And I am sure it will do the trick.

You have made the right decision Soren. I'm sure it will look even better on its return.

flyboy

Done! Got it back from Scotland this morning. It's looking great - and feels absolutely right.
What a great service from Aero!