• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Wz1999

Can you post a couple of them up on this thread..particularly the goatee as not so many of them kicking about..be nice to view them back to back
From left to right:
Original RW 18091
Early GW Bronco 29191 in goatskin
Recent GW Doniger in goatskin

15A657DE-64B1-4BD1-A5BD-C895768545C2.jpeg
3BF35BE7-CEEE-41E1-8873-F0C9FC1127C5.jpeg
6D623C13-69A3-4821-826E-9B6C79F183AB.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

WZ1999
So the jacket on the far right is a Doniger?
The David Doniger Company had one small contract for 5000 jackets which were made from goatskin . Did JC make that in Horsehide for you ? The jacket in the middle looks more like a goat Doniger.
Just asking .

Wz1999

WZ1999
So the jacket on the far right is a Doniger?
The David Doniger Company had one small contract for 5000 jackets which were made from goatskin . Did JC make that in Horsehide for you ? The jacket in the middle looks more like a goat Doniger.
Just asking .
It is not horsehide. It is goatskin from a tannery in NY. JC made this Doniger for me in January.

Last edited:

MaydayWei

So this is a surprise. A few days ago, I got a call from John asking if I wanted a test jacket, a Switlik M-422 that was made of a new goatskin he's found from a leather produced in the old tanning town of Gloversville, NY. I get the feeling John is on a bit of Switlik kick right now, because between Brian's B-1 and this Navy jacket, he's made at least two in the last month. Anyway, I said "absolutely!" as I've thought the Switlik M-422 looked really cool ever since I participated in the "a better fighting garment" project. Anyway, the postman just dropped it off today!
View attachment 76950
View attachment 76951
View attachment 76952

label2.jpg

View attachment 76953
View attachment 76954
View attachment 76955
View attachment 76956

And a couple fit pics. I'll try to post some better ones this evening when both my wife and I are home:
View attachment 76957
View attachment 76958

I have just got to say, that jacket is the absolute bees knees! You are an incredibly lucky man, Jan! I am dying of envy! The fit is absolutely spot on; and the grain, to die for! Whatever this magical New York tannery goat skin is, I’m in love. You and @Wz1999 have swayed me dearly! Time to email John…

mulceber

I have just got to say, that jacket is the absolute bees knees! You are an incredibly lucky man, Jan! I am dying of envy! The fit is absolutely spot on; and the grain, to die for! Whatever this magical New York tannery goat skin is, I’m in love. You and @Wz1999 have swayed me dearly! Time to email John…
FWIW, John told me after he made the Switlik that he just bought up the rest of the leather distributor's stock in this goatskin. From the amount he quoted, it didn't sound like it would amount to more than a couple jackets (although he will probably find more at some point). So you might want to ask him if he can earmark some of that stuff for you.