• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first leather Five Star A2

Chris 55

My first leather as before this I've only had Irvin jackets.
I don't come out that well in pictures maybe the jacket will help.
Size 46 as recommended as I'm 44 chest and 5ft.10
Pattern Details of TYPE A-2 ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING CO. DRAWING NO. 30-1415, CONTRACT NO.W535 AC-27752

FB_IMG_1636498218139.jpg
FB_IMG_1636498225534.jpg
FB_IMG_1636498230133.jpg

B-Man2

My first leather as before this I've only had Irvin jackets.
I don't come out that well in pictures maybe the jacket will help.
Size 46 as recommended as I'm 44 chest and 5ft.10
Pattern Details of TYPE A-2 ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING CO. DRAWING NO. 30-1415, CONTRACT NO.W535 AC-27752

View attachment 68883View attachment 68884View attachment 68885
Chris
Now that fit is a pretty good fit on you from my prospective . The jacket looks good on you and you can still wear a sweater ( jumper ) under it . While most of us , including me like A2’s that look good with a T-shirt , the reality is that they were almost never worn that way. Instead they were worn overa T-shirt, long underwear . A heavy wool shirt , a sweater and a tie . That’s why they looked trim fitting in many period photos . When you happen to see a guy wearing one with a t shirt the jacket usually looks big on him. As always , this is just my opinion and others may disagree .

saucerfiend

johnwayne

We’ve had the snapped/unsnapped debate here in the past! Of course its personal choice but personally I think its lays/sits better unsnapped and you only need look at period pics and I’m sure you’ll find the bulk show unsnapped! Cooler looking maybe?Especially the collar stand contracts in particular can be an annoyance when snapped up and in certain situations like driving/sitting but each to his own ultimately. Out if curiosity why did you opt for a size larger than your normal size? Be interesting to see/feel a 44” fit - they are intended to fit snug/ close but again, its a personal thing.

Chris 55

We’ve had the snapped/unsnapped debate here in the past! Of course its personal choice but personally I think its lays/sits better unsnapped and you only need look at period pics and I’m sure you’ll find the bulk show unsnapped! Cooler looking maybe?Especially the collar stand contracts in particular can be an annoyance when snapped up and in certain situations like driving/sitting but each to his own ultimately. Out if curiosity why did you opt for a size larger than your normal size? Be interesting to see/feel a 44” fit - they are intended to fit snug/ close but again, its a personal thing.

I went on Shawn's recommendation and chart sizes.
Which now I have it seems right to me.

johnwayne

Understandable albeit with a repro in my view, you should be confident in getting your true size - def go up a size for an original though! Much easier when we could try before we buy before internet buying!!