• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most accurate Irvin

.jpg

Hi Bryl

Thanks. Hopefully my good intentions weren't lost in my attempts at humour

Hi Steve

- Yes. have looked long and hard at the WPG pages and on EB.

WPG looks far too caramel for my personal taste (not an enthusiast remember) and last I looked the smallest size is a 46 which (even if I take a big breath) surpasses my dimensions.

Ebay looks like a great way forward for me but if I choose that path I'm going to go 2nd hand without a doubt - The pics of a brand new jacket may be more on the sexy side and less on the accurate side
Also, a wise poster here (I forget exactly who) mentioned that 2nd hand gives a jacket that looks already worn in.

I'm sure I am not alone in observing that the hunt may be as good as the catch when buying a jacket ....

enjoy,
.jpg

.jpg

Regarding the WPG jackets...

For those that have purchased one, how accurate is the sizing... That is, if I measure as a 40 inch chest do I go for the 40 inch size or do I fudge up a size to compensate for the shearling?
Regarding the color. I would prefer a seal brown if I had a choice and the Photos of the WPG garment show as quite caramel.
I understand that different cameras and Computer monitors impact the true colour so I am unsure what the actual color is. Can anyone help me understand better by giving me a globally recognized standard like it matches the inside of a Mars bar or some other practical analysis.

B-Man2

Regarding the WPG jackets...

For those that have purchased one, how accurate is the sizing... That is, if I measure as a 40 inch chest do I go for the 40 inch size or do I fudge up a size to compensate for the shearling?
Regarding the color. I would prefer a seal brown if I had a choice and the Photos of the WPG garment show as quite caramel.
I understand that different cameras and Computer monitors impact the true colour so I am unsure what the actual color is. Can anyone help me understand better by giving me a globally recognized standard like it matches the inside of a Mars bar or some other practical analysis.
I’ve found that they run a bit large for their marked size . However , I like the larger fit as it looks more like a wartime fit .Here’s an outdoor photo of the actual color of the jacket .
73AB4BA7-5359-4CF8-B971-4679B99E1E4A.png

.jpg

Thank You BMan-2.

Well that looks nothing like the caramel toffee color I have seen on the Ebay and onlinemilitia photos.

I'll understand if you don't wish to answer but what size is the jacket and what size are you ?

Also. Great use of a mask!!!!!

ausreenactor

I’ve found that they run a bit large for their marked size . However , I like the larger fit as it looks more like a wartime fit .Here’s an outdoor photo of the actual color of the jacket .View attachment 55873
That looks great...

I was trying to be good and save some coin. Pounced on a ZB26 LMG a week ago. Need to move on the D-2 and talk to Ken about his Irvin... It is cold and crappy here in Oz. Insane floods at the moment too!

.jpg

That looks great...

I was trying to be good and save some coin. Pounced on a ZB26 LMG a week ago. Need to move on the D-2 and talk to Ken about his Irvin... It is cold and crappy here in Oz. Insane floods at the moment too!

Hope you're not too fecked by the floods mate....its been in the news here and looks dire.

Bombing IP

I also have a WPG Irvin and I am a size 46 and ordered a 46 it fits true to size ,I could of gone with the 48 for that oversized wartime look and it would of still looked OK . I put some dressing on the leather because it looked a little to matt or dry now it has a sheen which I like better .I live in New York so it got a lot of use this winter ,great jacket to drive the car in not so bulky for the money its well worth it .

Jeff

B-Man2

I also have a WPG Irvin and I am a size 46 and ordered a 46 it fits true to size ,I could of gone with the 48 for that oversized wartime look and it would of still looked OK . I put some dressing on the leather because it looked a little to matt or dry now it has a sheen which I like better .I live in New York so it got a lot of use this winter ,great jacket to drive the car in not so bulky for the money its well worth it .

Jeff
Jeff
What did you use on it to get the sheen ?