• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

most accurate Av. Leathercraft Irvin I've seen

Roughwear

Hawkeye, I noticed this ALC Irvin and am impressed by its accuracy. Apart from the incorrect belt buckle it looks like a 1940 original. It must be an early repro dating from the 1970s before ALC re-located.

John Lever

IMO it has the wrong arm shape, too narrow with no taper. look at Andrew's ELC arms. They are baggy around the biceps with a nice bell taper to the cuff.

Andrew

Good point as the arms of an original do taper a lot but this could be the way they are lying and photographed. Since they have other details such as the collar shape correct it would be interesting to see if they got that wrong. Nothing worse though than the floppy Christopher Plummer type of Irvin sleeves seen in BoB.

John Lever

I have had one of these since 1977. The arms are a very simple cheap to make tube. The fit is horrible as there is no room for movement. Stay clear is my advice they fit like straight jackets.

Here's mine after I sanded off all the brown goo they use on them -
IMGP1641.jpg

Roughwear

John, I do agree with you about the tube-like sleeves. Also I have just noticed the collar strap is fixed on the right side not the left!