• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch M-422 CONTRACT NO. 79633?

ZuZu

Interesting jacket but it raises some questions.
Why would a USN jacket be painted with an 8th Air Force logo. Next question
Why does the logo not have a name of an aircraft on the back but just bomb missions.
Lastly why does the jacket have Chinese Air Force Wings but no other patches or logos for the Flying Tigers , 14th Air Force or at least a CBI patch ?
Possibly a post war paint job?
What do you guys say?
God only knows what the back art story is. I can tell you that back in '79 Navy jackets were $40 in the SF vintage stores. I did many experimental patches and painting on these because I didn't want to ruin a sizeworthy A-2. The painting looks to me to be an old time fake- the beehive hairdo on the girl is very 60s.

B-Man2

God only knows what the back art story is. I can tell you that back in '79 Navy jackets were $40 in the SF vintage stores. I did many experimental patches and painting on these because I didn't want to ruin a sizeworthy A-2. The painting looks to me to be an old time fake- the beehive hairdo on the girl is very 60s.
Yep … totally agree that the paint job is post war. It’s a M-422 or 422a but every thing else are “add ons”.