• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Military watches

flyboy

Just bought this Aeromatic "Luftwaffe" watch
421234_3360725337779_1258424036_3376630_906181808_n.jpg

Stony

I must have looked at the wrong watch because the one I saw was around $1,400 U.S.

watchmanjimg

jzist said:
http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?assortmentId=16&itemNumber=116946&type=Product&assortmentDepartmentNumber=3754550
just bought/received this watch from Boscov's. A Japanese movement. I thought the hands were funky until I saw Soren's watch with similar, very similar hands. A nice watch, not military but has a military look. I wear it to work, I wanted a watch with no calendar,day etc. this fit the bill and was easy on the pocket...
John

I'm not crazy about quartz watches but that's a great deal. Is the case definitely stainless? I'm tempted to buy one and see if my watchmaker can fit a mechanical movement in there . . .

Phantomfixer

Watchman,

It says stainless, is this like genuine leather? :lol:
the watch has a nice heft to it, also. I might get the hands replaced but then again maybe not. nice work/casual watch

Funny about advertised "military" watches, I don't know anyone in the military that actually owns one. The majority of aviators I know all wear Timex Iron Man watches in the cockpit. The high priced watches they have only come out on special occasion. I personally own a Royal Navy Seiko watch that I traded a leather flight jacket for. I have not been able to find much info about them. It is one of the Gen 1 issue and it was issued to a helicopter pilot. Anyone know what they are worth?

MikeyB-17

Treetopflyer said:
Funny about advertised "military" watches, I don't know anyone in the military that actually owns one. The majority of aviators I know all wear Timex Iron Man watches in the cockpit. The high priced watches they have only come out on special occasion. I personally own a Royal Navy Seiko watch that I traded a leather flight jacket for. I have not been able to find much info about them. It is one of the Gen 1 issue and it was issued to a helicopter pilot. Anyone know what they are worth?

This might give you an idea. http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/vintage_m ... atches.htm

My daughter and I visited the cockpit of an RAF C17 at an airshow a few years ago. The whole crew had Breitlings.