• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McCoys RAF Irvin

Smithy

I think a decent original is about a third of the price or less

Yup, once you're going north of 3K sterling you should really be getting into "with named provenance" territory.

What would you rather have...over-priced Japanese repro with incorrect zips and quite possibly incorrect to originals patterning or an original to a named aircrew member and with provenance that it was used on ops?

If I'm paying that kind of coin I'll take the original every day of the week and then some over the over-priced Jap repop.

I don't care how much money you've got, that price tag is just beyond the pale. It's obscene.

It's like charging 500 bucks for a screwdriver, sure there's some idiot who will pay it, but it doesn't mean that it's actually worth that much.

B-Man2

G
I think a decent original is about a third of the price or less

That’s a beauty..... why would anyone choose a repro for $2900 over that ?

Micawber

G

That’s a beauty..... why would anyone choose a repro for $2900 over that ?

David Farnsworth has dealt in good gear for years right from when it was just table tops at shows and photocopied sales lists in the post. Most of the Irvins get reserved or sold before you can say knife.