• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-445A Jacket - AVI LEATHER

JonnyCrow

The jacket is now published in the link below.

I agree with John, nice looking jacket

Saint-ex

Yes @leper-colony that’s my point.

It looks like a 444 and not a 445:

Saint-ex

Ok, I checked the bible (JC database) and Fried Osttermann M-445A is different than H.L.B. Corp M-445A which have not a a full length zipper and 2 buttons at bottom.

My bad, this M-445A seems accurate to the model and very nice.

Skyhawk

Nice jacket!
From what I know about these,
There were two M445 jackets, the M445A and the M445B. The M445B had the shorter.zipper and 2 buttons at the bottom. The M445A. No buttons. There could be exceptions, I haven't deep dove into the research on these jackets, but that's the way I understand it. The M445a without buttons are much nicer and more functional IMO. Those buttons are cumbersome and the pattern is longer.

Skyhawk

Yay John! It will be great to hear how it turns out.

Just a thought...
A lot of the originals seem to have a closer matching seal on the pockets and arm panels. Could this be an option? Also with the same gloss level as the shearling. I think a dull top coat would not look right if it was on the pockets / Panels, on top of glossy shearling. It needs to be close to the gloss on the rest of the jacket.

Harris_HTM

Any suggestion regarding sizing? As my experience with sheepskin jackets is limited (only had an aero scotland b3), what p-2-p tolerance should I be looking for? 3 inches more than my actual chest measurement?