• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-422A Acquired Today

johnwayne

On another topic 'Your favourite G1' I mention how I always really wtd an M442a and this is exactly the kind I would love to have!! Not sure how acurate the colours in the pics are but its nice whatever, a keeper I guess? Over here in the UK on the pay channels (Sky) there's a series running called American Pickers and I often watch, wondering if they'll stumble across any jackets - one of the guys whose name elludes me wears an 'old'ish' jacket (Highwayman?) at times but as yet I've not seen much military stuff surface on said series!

Enjoy that jacket, it's wonderful thing and I'm green with envy!!

cheers
Wayne

MikeyB-17

I love American Pickers, and yes, Mike Wolfe often wears an old horsehide(?) bike jacket. In another episode he bought another one from a chap, and there was one where they met a chap who had a whole warehouse full of military stuff-at one point he pointed out a B-9 or B-11 suit, but the guys didn't seem that interested. I noticed a pile of denim jeans in one old barn, would like to have known what was amongst that lot. I often notice stuff in the background that I wish they would look at, but they don't-I suppose time doesn't permit. There are a couple of spin-offs, like Cash Cowboys (i.e. Canadian Pickers) and we have a British one now called Salvage Hunters, but American Pickers is still my favourite, mainly because of Danielle!

ButteMT61

MikeyB-17 said:
I love American Pickers, and yes, Mike Wolfe often wears an old horsehide(?) bike jacket... but American Pickers is still my favourite, mainly because of Danielle!

Yep, Danielle rocks, and they can dump Frank as far as I'm concerned. Mike and Danielle are great and Mike loves good things! Always has beater HH jackets that I'm envious of. Lots of great moto stuff and in general, a great show to watch.
Only criticism is the undervaluation of the things they basically steal from those poor old coots! Gimme a break on some of their pricing. But, in the end, nobody has a gun to their heads...

SteveN

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about your G&F Peter. I still have it. Am moving house and was packing it up today.

To the OP: a great find.

- SteveN

Peter Graham said:
Really nice Stony. I once owned a size 40 G&F in that condition but unfortunately it was too long for me. All the other measurements were spot on but it was too long, odd. That's a keeper !

joeson

MikeyB-17 said:
I love American Pickers, and yes, Mike Wolfe often wears an old horsehide(?) bike jacket. In another episode he bought another one from a chap, and there was one where they met a chap who had a whole warehouse full of military stuff-at one point he pointed out a B-9 or B-11 suit, but the guys didn't seem that interested. I noticed a pile of denim jeans in one old barn, would like to have known what was amongst that lot. I often notice stuff in the background that I wish they would look at, but they don't-I suppose time doesn't permit. There are a couple of spin-offs, like Cash Cowboys (i.e. Canadian Pickers) and we have a British one now called Salvage Hunters, but American Pickers is still my favourite, mainly because of Danielle!

Have you seen Combat Cash? I think it is on youtube now.