• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-422A Acquired Today

Stony

I just acquired this G&F M-422A today from a picker that found it in one of the local Goodwill stores.

The jacket is amazing to say the least. The leather has a nice reddish/brown tone to it with great grain, the lining is immaculate, the collar has one small wear spot that you can see in the photos, the label looks brand new, the cuffs and waist are original with a handfull of small nips, the "USN" under the collar is bright, there are no seperations what so ever with the lining and no scuffs or imperfections on the leather. The triple marked Talon is nice, but there is a slight seperation just above the male insert. You have to start it slowly, but once past the seperation, the zipper flows smoothly. The size 42 fits really nice as long as I don't wear anything bulky under it and I am wearing mostly size 44 jackets these days.

m422a.jpg

m422acollar.jpg

m422alabel.jpg

m422ausn.jpg

m422azip.jpg

m422apocket.jpg

m422alining.jpg

m422aback.jpg

It's the nicest M-422A I've ever owned and probably has the nicest leather out of all the Navy jackets I've owned over the years.

ButteMT61

Nice jacket!

A "picker" is someone that goes around looking for treasures in barns, homes, etc. Usually tries to get them cheap, resell, and make money off if it.
History channel has a show on it in fact.

Well done on this find!

bretron

you gotta be kidding me that this was scored at a Goodwill, albeit by a picker :eek: The patina, lining, tag, mouton, and knits are all in great shape, and I am truly jealous. (I especially like the eggplant knits- nice contrast)

lemme know if you wanna part with it ;) I'm thinking of dumping an jacket or two to pick up one of these (or an early G1).

Congrats!

jack aranda

Nice. Very nice. If we had awards for 'score of the month', I think you'd have it for January, Stony. Maybe for a couple of other months, too. That is a sweet jacket.

bretron

RCSignals said:
Bretron, order a G&F fron Bill Kelso

Definitely a strong consideration. Pretty sure I'm gonna hold out for a vintage piece tho (tho probably a G1 cause it's actually affordable/attainable at my budget). However, because I'm an opportunistic buyer, we'll juat have to see what presents itself to me :lol:

navvet

You hit a home run in buying that jacket. It no doubt has some history behind it that would be fascinating to get ahold of. :)

Stony

It no doubt has some history behind it that would be fascinating to get ahold of.

This jacket actually never even had a name plate sewn on it, so I don't think that would be possible.

It's even nicer in person than in the pictures. The leather is pliable and soft, not like most of your G-1 types with the thick leather that creaks when you move in it.

Clark J

Come clean Stoneman,,,how many clams did you have to put out for the "picked"beauty?????????????????????Ball park will do......

Stony

Come clean Stoneman,,,how many clams did you have to put out for the "picked"beauty?????????????????????Ball park will do......

I don't "kiss and tell", lol.

RCSignals

It is a fantastic jacket and a good thing you know the Picker.

I guess being where you are it may be more likely to find such an item in a Goodwill. The guys in SCal etc should be scrambling to check their local GW stores

Peter Graham

Really nice Stony. I once owned a size 40 G&F in that condition but unfortunately it was too long for me. All the other measurements were spot on but it was too long, odd. That's a keeper !