• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LVC 501s

Grant

Hi Allen,
Hopefully sometime in the next couple months. I'll be sure and let you know if I have any time to swing down to Chicago and hang out. Sure could use another Italian beef!

airfrogusmc

Grant said:
Hi Allen,
Hopefully sometime in the next couple months. I'll be sure and let you know if I have any time to swing down to Chicago and hang out. Sure could use another Italian beef!

Sounds good and if you're not in any hurry to sell'm bing those 47s? Maybe Ill have my Monarch ?

Doug C

Anybody see Benjamin Button? LVC did the jeans for the movie.
I've heard that too, been meaning to check it out for a while now..

Are they a special denim that starts out faded and worn and turns into raw?
Don't know why but that cracked me up! I mean, that's the opposite of what most are after but makes perfect since for the movie.. :lol:
Doug C

airfrogusmc

Doug C said:
Anybody see Benjamin Button? LVC did the jeans for the movie.
I've heard that too, been meaning to check it out for a while now..

Are they a special denim that starts out faded and worn and turns into raw?
Don't know why but that cracked me up! I mean, that's the opposite of what most are after but makes perfect since for the movie.. :lol:
Doug C

Its a good movie. I think the Mrs liked it better than I did but I liked it. I think the best movie I've seen in a while is The Wrestler. I'm a huge fan of the director, Aronofsky.

airfrogusmc

Doug he is incredible...Great film.
Marisa Tomei is great and not to bad on the eyes either in her stages of undress...

Doug C

I just bought these LVC '55 model 501s... but can anyone decipher any info from the leg tag, particularly the year and season of manufacture ? Also, this particular pair has the numbers 554 on the back of the top button, what factory was that? Also, why isn't 554 anywhere on the leg tag? Perhaps LVC added the factory codes to the tag early on but not on the most recent ones? Or maybe I'm just missing it, or it's on the back side?

Doug C

airfrogusmc

Doug I think these are from 03 if I'm reading the tag right and 554 was a specific Levis factory. They had several.

Doug C

Well, I've learned that the "554" was the San Antonio factory - cool they were made just down the road from me, by Americans (I hope anyway :roll: ). I'm confused on the year because I see the "03-5421-.." which suggests '03 like you said Airfrog, but I also see "..001005" which made me guess oct.'05 and there is also the "007" number down in the corner which made me think '07. I guess it doesn't really matter but I wish it was more obvious. Oh well, I also have a pair of 1944 501s on their way too - and confused about them too .... there's "97289-6" which points to '97, then there's the "0799" number that suggests july'99. Here's that label:

Doug C

airfrogusmc

These older tags are easy this is July of 99..

And the 07 actually say like S1 07 or fall 07. I have a pair from 08 that say something like 2008 L3

Doug C

airfrog wrote:
Doug I think these are from 03 if I'm reading the tag right
(Regarding the 1955s I have coming) No I don't think that can be correct Allen, my raw pair of 1933s from Fall '06 have the same number "03-5421-9500". Those pair of 1933s also read "F3 06", like you were explaining the newer varieties have. So therefore I'm going to also rule out the incoming '55s as being from '07 as they'd (more than likely) have the same type of date code somewhere on the tag.
And the 07 actually say like S1 07 or fall 07.
So that leaves 2005 as what I believe to be the year of manufacture again the tag reads ".....01005" and there is also a "CIF 08298505". Just a note for future ref. that CIF# ends with 06 on my '33s from fall '06, so it might be a good way to check.

BTW, thanks for the tag info on the '44s, july '99 was my first guess but wasn't sure. I'm siked to have a pair of the famous valencia street jeans in my collection!!

Doug C

A

Anonymous

Hi I just picked up a pair of Levis from a local thrift store ,I usually do not bother looking at the jeans because twenty years ago I used to scour all the thrift stores for selvedge jeans and never found any .I go in the thrift stores now looking for leather for making patches .To cut a long story short I was walking to the counter and a leg of a pair of jeans on a rack was sticking out with the hem turned up and I could see they were selvedge .I looked at the pockets and they were Levis so I paid the $5.99 and left the store .He is my question /they have no labels on the back of the jean or inside and on one of the pockets there stamped 622-99 .The levi tag on the rear pocket is there with the big E and no copyright symbol ,the oposite side of the tag is blank (it is one piece folded and sewn under pocket ) .The back pockets have rivets under the material .All the the copper rivets are stamped L.S& CO.-SF.-,the rear of the buttons are have no numbers only have checkered mark from the rivetting operation .The fly is button and the four rivet backs that secure the pockets are a different design and stamping LS&CO.-SF- and over stamped on this rivet center is the #15 and is quite large .Double needle arctuate ,has belt loops and bottoms are 8 1/2".What are these ! and what year are they from .I will post pictures if asked ,condition looks like they were washed maybe twice and length is uncut .Appreciate any help .Thank Jeff