• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LVC 501s

Swing

Here's some pix of my Full Count 0105Cs. After spending the day mowing and trimming the yard Saturday, and spending the day splitting firewood yesterday, they were ready for a wash last night.

Picture taken early May, in the sun.

000_0032.jpg

Taken today in the sun. Tough to get a true picture of the jeans, but this is reasonably close (though a bit too light). Left leg has twisted a lot, but the right is staying straight.

000_0007.jpg

And two taken today in the shade. Waaay too light.

000_0011-1.jpg

000_0013-1.jpg

~Swing

Grant

Looking good. Where did you buy your Full Counts?
I like the healthy cuffs you have on them.

Swing

Grant said:
Looking good. Where did you buy your Full Counts?
I like the healthy cuffs you have on them.

Gotta have nice big cuffs. :D

Got them from Blue in Green. They're currently running a contest with 1108s and 0105s. If I don't get a pair of '47 Sugar Canes later this summer or fall, I'm going to have to snag another pair of the contest Full Counts if they're still available.

~Swing

Grant

Cool. Yesterday I was in B&G and noticed they're starting to carry Real McCoy's denim. The Joe McCoy jeans are very cool and have a similar look and cut to your Full Counts. They also had the McCoy's Lee 101-Z reproductions. It's really sick how much they look like deadstock Lee's from the 60's.

I agree with you about the '47 Sugar Canes - if I wasn't wearing my Lee and LVC repros I'd get a pair of those - the Japanese denim is really something.

On a separate note they also had a RMJ Rough Wear A-2 for sale. It was marked at over 2 grand so was a bit beyond my budget!

airfrogusmc

Swing they look pretty good. Here are some of my 1917s after almost 4 months. Still raw and breaking in nicely. Baggy as all get out but it will be worth it.

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7474.jpg

Swing

Grant said:
Cool. Yesterday I was in B&G and noticed they're starting to carry Real McCoy's denim. The Joe McCoy jeans are very cool and have a similar look and cut to your Full Counts. They also had the McCoy's Lee 101-Z reproductions. It's really sick how much they look like deadstock Lee's from the 60's.

I agree with you about the '47 Sugar Canes - if I wasn't wearing my Lee and LVC repros I'd get a pair of those - the Japanese denim is really something.

On a separate note they also had a RMJ Rough Wear A-2 for sale. It was marked at over 2 grand so was a bit beyond my budget!

I saw the Lee 101-Z on their website. Killer, but too small for me.

What do you think of Warehouse jeans? I see the #800 model has the same measurements as my Full Counts, but with a little less waist and a little more rise (exactly what I change about the FCs).

I'd love to go to NY just to shop at BiG.

~Swing

Swing

Are you wearing suspenders with those Allen, or did you buy a narrow sized waist? The lack of belt loops means I'll probably never buy a pair of LVC earlier than the 1937 model. :|

With the amount of light blue showing up, I'd toss them in the wash.

~Swing

airfrogusmc

Yeah I've been wearing some Filsons I picked up with them. I'll give'm another couple months unless they get to rank. They're close now. :roll: :lol:

Grant

Warehouse denim rocks. I really liked the cinch back model 700 with the plain back pockets. The denim they use is nice and dark. They also look like they have a higher rise than a lot of other Japanese denim. The one thing that sucks for those of us in the IS is the shitty exchange rate making Japanese denim so freakin expensive.

In revolt to having payed such high prices for quality denim workwear I'm starting to wear a pair of unwashed Carhartt denim dungarees I bought ten years ago and completely forgot about. Thought it'd be a nice experiment see if I can get any good fades on $21 denim. Even though the denim is evenly woven on modern looms it's nice and dark so might look cool over time. We'll see.

airfrogusmc

Anybody out there score any of these at this price? They are very full and I could probably get away with a 36 waist in these...In fact I'm seriously thinking of getting another pair.

Swing

Just ordered the last pair of Warehouse #800s in my size from BiG. No LVC for me any time soon.

~Swing

Grant

Nice. Let me know what you think of them when they arrive.
It was cool checking out the Real McCoy's denim last time I was at BiG.

Swing

Grant said:
Nice. Let me know what you think of them when they arrive.

They came today, and in my uneducated, never handled a 60 year old pair of raw jeans opinion, I'd guess that they're as close to a pair of vintage Levis as I've ever seen in over all look and feel. They remind me of my LVC in their plain jane perfectness, but the denim has a more substantial feel to it and looks like it will have more character. I like 'em, but I don't think I'm going to like them as well as my Full Counts.

Edit to add to the post... hot washed the jeans at lunch, ran them through the drier for a little while, then hung them to dry. Just tried them on to see how they turned out... they may not be my favorite denim, but they may be my perfect fit. Turned out very nice. Not superfuture tight, a nice slim vintage 40s/50s fit. Both legs twisted quite a bit. First pair I've had really do anything on the right leg. Only gripe is the gold/brown selvedge line... it isn't centered in the selvedge, and I'd have prefered red, or some other bold color.

~Swing

Swing

Thought I'd share a couple photos I took of my Full Count 0105Cs today. Yesterday was their 8th trip through the wash, IIRC. Close up of the right pocket is probably the truest picture I've been able to get of these jeans, colorwise.

000_0020-1.jpg

000_0019-1.jpg

Grant

Fullcounts are looking good. The nice contrast in the denim looks very much like vintage 40's-50's denim.

Grant

Here are a couple photos of my repro Lee war time jeans. Perfect to wear with an A-2!

Leefront-1.jpg

LeeCUfront.jpg

Leeback-1.jpg