• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a good tailor to restore a Star G1's knits

B-Man2

Hello;

I'm restoring my Star G1 and I'm having trouble finding a good tailor to replace the knits using the existing needle holes. If anyone has a person in the US who is reliable, would you please pass me his contact information?

Thank you

(I had this post in the "Care and Preservation" section but it didn't get a response, so I thought I'd try it here and hopefully someone can offer a suggestion.)

JimmyD51

B-man2,

I got a good set of knits (rib-rack) from Gibson & Barnes and then sent them
and the jacket to Shaul Dover at US Authentic (flightjacket,com) for replacement.
He does great work and turn around time is pretty fast. Price is reasonable too.

Good luck, Jim

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
Someone named Zoltan has been mentioned before. Just don't know his contact info

Zoltan is at Advance European Tailoring in Berkeley ... he was flavour of the month here for a while, but now seems to get mixed reviews.

Jaguar46

I have an Eastman A2 at Zoltans in Berkeley getting replacement knits. His work is good, John Chapman used him for things he needed when he lived down in this area some years ago.

The main issue with him is he is very busy, so it takes awhile to get things back. I am now at about 6 weeks and counting.

B-Man2

Thanks for the advice.
At least I have a couple of potential options now.
Does anyone have any contact information for Zoltan?

jack aranda

I've always been pleased with the work Johnson Leathers here in SF, CA has done for me. But, I confess, I've never counted stitches or measured the distance from pocket to zipper on an M-422A, so, I may be the last guy to use as a reference. ;)

B-Man2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a wise man......that knows his limitations!