• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long time gone.......

TOMG1401

I sincerely hope all old friends are well, in evey aspect of their lives, This is TOM fomerly "BONNIEGIRL4". New computer, could not recall old password so start anew. Some VERY quick observations, John seems to be outclassing all comers ( no surprise}, ELC seems to have lost their way regarding their hide selections, hope they settle down and stop pandering. Last but most intrigueing russet isn't the russet I recall,seems across the board it is now a mid brown? Most original looking. - TOM

TOMG1401

Thank you fellows for the welcome, much appreciated. The 3 year anniversary of my wife's passing gave me pause to reflect on a personal need to reenter life, so this tremendous hobby/obsession of ours was the place to start.

I decided to start with a new jacket ( last jacket bought was ELC BoB Irvin, got much use this winter), I wanted to buy American, so I ordered from G&B an Historical M422a, made with the Veg tanned russet goat they use on their MK 41 A-2. Beautiful hide, unfortunately the sample I received was a perfect and I mean perfect, like it could have been cut from my ELC G&F M422a, not the russet shade I had wanted, so I have the order on hold - TOM