• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather military vests

asiamiles

Since the original poster who was after one these hasn't responded to my message, if anyone else on here is interested in the jerkin pictured above feel free to message me.

Micawber

Since the original poster who was after one these hasn't responded to my message, if anyone else on here is interested in the jerkin pictured above feel free to message me.

It certainly looks tidy but is a small size. Pop it in the for sale section here or in one of the military collector groups, you may get a bite.

asiamiles

It certainly looks tidy but is a small size.

You say that, but I'm a 38" and it's huge on me; you can't equate the measurements of vests/waistcoats to that of jackets, though of course these jerkins are likely to be worn over sweaters or another jacket, and thus were massively oversized for the label size. Still I'm sure this would comfortably fit a 42" and probably a 44".

Micawber

You say that, but I'm a 38" and it's huge on me; you can't equate the measurements of vests/waistcoats to that of jackets, though of course these jerkins are likely to be worn over sweaters or another jacket, and thus were massively oversized for the label size. Still I'm sure this would comfortably fit a 42" and probably a 44".
Indeed, the sizing is all relative. As you say they were intended to be suitable for wear over other layers of garments if needs be so do run big.
Gone are the days when market stalls would have piles of them.

JonnyCrow

Indeed, the sizing is all relative. As you say they were intended to be suitable for wear over other layers of garments if needs be so do run big.
Gone are the days when market stalls would have piles of them.
God yes I remember those market days when I was younger Steve, piles of uniform and surplus and have a good rummage at the table, big car boots too, especially at RAF Hemswell on a Sunday,

B-Man2

We used to have the same types of military surplus stores and such here in the US years ago . Not so today … you hardly ever see one …if you do … it’s more like a camping store.
I wonder why ? You’d think that the US military is going thru as much gear and clothing as they did years ago …

JonnyCrow

We used to have the same types of military surplus stores and such here in the US years ago . Not so today … you hardly ever see one …if you do … it’s more like a camping store.
I wonder why ? You’d think that the US military is going thru as much gear and clothing as they did years ago …
Happened in the UK Burt, scruffy looking interesting militaria stores turned into trendy camping and hiking stores, there's one left in Madrid but its hardly ever open

Micawber

Kay Canvas via SOF repro on the left and 1951dated Belgian version which I may sell on the right.

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg
IMG_1428.jpeg

CombatWombat

I work outside of wifi/mobile reception areas for weeks at a time, sorry I can't respond back every day mate.
Secondly the size of that vest would be uncomfortable on me since I'm taller than the average wombat with annoyingly wide shoulders