Leather belts.

Discussion in 'Related Gear' started by jeremiah, Mar 12, 2019.

1. jeremiah

jeremiah Well-Known Member

Alright guys. I have a buy/sell thread and while that’s there I will probably let that thread get buried.

I created this one to be informative.
    So I offer hand made belts. I hand cut them from a hide I purchase which still resembles the outline of the cow from which it came.

I hand dye if requested and even pound the rivets by hand. I don’t have a press.
    I then take the belt out back and hang on a board and use my .999 sportsman’s .22 revolver to make the holes.

Ok that last bit was a bit of a fib. Ha. But you get the idea. These belts are hand made. I take extra care with the sides. I bevel the edges and sand them down before finishing them.
    These belts are comfortable to wear from the start or so I am told by customers.

I am placing another leather order and will have more to dye to the color of your choice. I am also trying a new harness leather from the Wickett and Craig tannery. I only use full grain veg tanned leather for my belts. I try and stick with 1.5” for belt width as I source a lot of my buckles prior.

Hand dyed belts are $40 for now.
    Harness leather belts are $55
    Pre finished Bridle leather belts are $35
    Shipping within USA for now is $5.50 for one belt with price for several shipped belts adjusted accordingly. I have shipped international. For a quick reference, England shipping for 1-3 belts is just shy of $30.00

Feel free to pm as I am going to try and stick with custom orders for now rather than make up a mess of them and then try and unload.

I also created this thread as an open forum for customers to ask questions, view pics of leather choices and give feedback. I am open to both positive and negative feedback. Always up for improving my work.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Kennyz, B-Man2 and tjoenn like this.
  2. tjoenn

tjoenn Well-Known Member

Looking forward to my trip in July, I'll be asking to buy one of these belts then!

jeremiah likes this.
  3. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Just ordered 3 belts from J so looking forward to recieving them! Will post honest reaction in due course,?

jeremiah likes this.
  4. Juanito

Juanito Well-Known Member

I have one and just requested two more. These things are awesome and if it is worth the time to make them, he's on to something.

jeremiah likes this.
  5. jeremiah

Here is a hide I just ordered. It’s going to be a lovely color with a slight pull up effect. It will darken with time and wear too for a lovely patina. This is Wickett and Craig russet harness leather. Has a nice supple hand to it.
    5.5mm thick.
    AAF7A6DB-0DC7-4E8A-BCFF-A53B11E7FABD.jpeg

Kennyz and B-Man2 like this.
  6. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Once you pick up one of Jeremiah’s belts you’ll find that they begin to become like flight jackets in that you want to have one in each color and variation. The next thing you know he’s got you hooked!! BELT ADDICTION!!
    I picture Jeremiah hidden in the shadows of a dark corner in somewhere downtown USA going” psss ... hey ... you wanna buy a belt??
    Don’t worry man .. you won’t get hooked!!;););)

On the real side ... they are seriously good belts for a really good price. I own 3!!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    jeremiah likes this.
  7. jeremiah

Update on shipping.
    Shipping to England around 2lbs is $37 now. Guess price was raised.

That was three belts shipped though so probably a little less for one belt

New prices to reflect some costs I need to work into the belts so as not to lose money on these.
    Hand dyed $47.00
    Factory dyed $39.00
    Harness leather belts $60.00

This includes the buckle of your choice which will be a nice buckle that will last.

Shipping within US is $6.00

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  8. jeremiah

Here is a pic of my belt I made out of the russet harness leather from Hermann Oak tannery. This is after wearing every day since I made it in early December with one very conservative application of some oil.
    0816CAB9-3B6B-4D61-A9AE-B3FB7AD5DFDA.jpeg

Kennyz and B-Man2 like this.
  9. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Sweet!!!

10. jeremiah

Got some new leather today. This is a russet harness leather from Wickett and Craig tannery.
    037AB0F0-C2F2-4F9A-B0AC-9311C44FB6C4.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019 at 9:43 PM
  11. jeremiah

First belt made from the w&C russet harness leather. Wonderful stuff. It’s 5-6mm thick and feels lovely. I just ordered another side in a color called buck brown. The russet color will continue to darken with age. The back of these belts are very smooth and soft thanks to a treatment they do called “gumming”.

7CA47D9E-8667-4219-ADFD-6C9E603720DF.jpeg 1AC5CFF9-C19F-40C5-8CCE-B7093814E648.jpeg

Here is the buck brown color.
    A5C0CB47-7889-4281-8326-F76E41E51E68.jpeg

Kennyz and SimonR like this.
  12. SimonR

SimonR New Member

I've had a harness leather from Hermann Oak tannery belt from Jeremiah and it is absolutely superb ! very quick shipping to the UK and I'm so pleased I'm ordering another :)