• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest addition: GW Roughwear 27752 in seal HH, size 46

blackrat2

Looks great...i think the others have said it all.....the new hh is amazing and the grain comes up readily through wear....i have to confess that mine got a soaking on several dog walks, which has made the grain appear almost everywhere, must have looked an odd sight one man and his dog out on a dog walk in pouring rain dressed in a leather flying jacket!!!

john

Roughwear

Peter this is the ultimate RW 27752 repro. It beats John's early jackets from the same contract and is so much better than the offering from ELC. It looks great and you wear it well.

better duck

Hi y'all,
Thanks for all the positive comments and compliments.
Here, to feast your eyes, are some more shots of new HH leather, this time taken in bright sunlight. As one of us remarked some time ago, bright sunlight plays tricks on the seal colour. As you can see it seams like russet in some shots, and that's for real too.

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

Now, to respond to some remarks and questions:

Andrew: The Dubow is strictly off limits too: there are now three jackets I'd never sell, and these are my GW RW 27752, my GW Dubow 27798 in russet new HH and my ELC Werber

Weasel Loader: Easy: the cloth jackets disappear into the closet once frost is out of and spring is in the air. Which is just about now. Then the only problem remaining is which A2 to wear....

Chris217: No, this one will get not artwork or patches. I'd like to be able to wear this one on as many occasions as possible, and artwork / patches deminish that. I am planning to put a patch on either my GW Aero 16160 respray or the ELC B10.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
better duck said:
... As one of us remarked some time ago, bright sunlight plays tricks on the seal colour. As you can see it seams like russet in some shots, and that's for real too.

It's a great colour either way, Peter, but I would call that russet in any light. Guess it's just my personal definition, if there's red in the mix, light or dark, it's russet, and if it's the colour of chocolate ... it's seal.

better duck

deeb7 said:
better duck said:
... As one of us remarked some time ago, bright sunlight plays tricks on the seal colour. As you can see it seams like russet in some shots, and that's for real too.

It's a great colour either way, Peter, but I would call that russet in any light. Guess it's just my personal definition, if there's red in the mix, light or dark, it's russet, and if it's the colour of chocolate ... it's seal.

Ah, but Dave, there's the funny thing: in bright sunlight the reddish tones come out, in the shade and in artificial light there is no reddish visible and it the colour of milk chocolate!

watchmanjimg

better duck said:
deeb7 said:
better duck said:

Ah, but Dave, there's the funny thing: in bright sunlight the reddish tones come out, in the shade and in artificial light there is no reddish visible and it the colour of milk chocolate!

I'm still trying to decide what color I'd call this, gents, but "beautiful" comes to mind. It's definitely much lighter than what I'd previously have regarded as seal brown, especially by comparison to the VERY dark shade used in jackets like the ELC Star and my Few Bronco. I'll try to post some comparison pics later, now that all of my A-2s are home where they belong. :D

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
better duck said:

If the red's in there .... it's russet. :lol:

better duck

deeb7 said:
better duck said:

If the red's in there .... it's russet. :lol:

Yeh, but if it ain't, it ain't! :p :p :lol: :lol:

CBI

I have two GW jackets that are the same russett. They do tend to look a little more red in the direct daylight. Out of the direct light the color really changes. Its a beautiful color and a few WWII contracts did have the reddish hue so it "works" and again, looks terrific. I think future russetts from John are going to have less red in them. Again, not taking away anything from this color. I have two (well, actually now one jacket as the other has been given a re-dye job).