• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest addition: GW Roughwear 27752 in seal HH, size 46

better duck

Hi gang,

Here is my very latest (and very probably last (at least for the foreseeable future) indulgence: a great Goodwear 27752 in the new grainy horsehide.
The fit is very much to my liking: hugging, but not tight.

The first photo is of the usual feast of the girls getting the jacket out of the box and showing it for the first time here in Holland:

IMG_0456.jpg

The some shots of me wearing the jacket. I tried photographing it in bright sunlight, as the colours of the jacket then show best. But it was rather cloudy, and by the time I got outside, the sun was halfway behind a cloud again; Still:

IMG_6194.jpg

The jacket as you see it here has been worn 4 days now, and I totally wet it once with hot water (on a hanger, in the shower, on the outside) and then wore it for hours after: a great way to make it really "contour fitting".

IMG_6195.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

better duck

watchmanjimg said:
Congratulations, Peter! It looks fantastic, like all your other jackets. :D
:cool: :cool: :cool: quite.... that's why I called it an indulgence. But I must say: I love this latest one as much as the first.
I consider myself very lucky, being the proud owner of 4 (four!!) Goodwears already!! :D :D :D

Andrew

I can only agree with everyone Peter, you always seem to nail the fit perfectly and since we are the same size i'll step up to take your last Dubow off your hands for you. :cool:

Sadly I've missed my chance to order another for the coming winter season and probably the one following- this summer I bought a hole in the ground (a pool).

jack aranda

A perfect fit, Peter. The jacket, and you in it, look great. You could be hunkering down in front of a B-17 with complete believability. Apparently your daughters have not yet been bit by the grown-woman "Not another one!" that so afflicts the ladies in our lives. Maybe it's a condition that comes with the wedding ring...Anyhow, nice jacket. Well done.

better duck

Andrew said:
you always seem to nail the fit perfectly

Well, that's not me, that's our John Chapman who deserves the credits for this. I just provide the measurements, he deduces, induces, in short, performs his magic and .... voila: a perfect fit.
Interesting point is this: every time I pulled one of his jackets out of the box and put it on, the first thought is: OMG, too small, too tight. Within a day it starts to mould and stretch, sometimes aided with a bit of hot water showered upon it See other thread) and before the week is over it fits like the proverbial glove.

atkins

How is the Great Wizard anyway? I hope all is well. Peter, does your daughters know the jacket is horsehide? Do they ever want a pony?

better duck

atkins said:
How is the Great Wizard anyway? I hope all is well. Peter, does your daughters know the jacket is horsehide? Do they ever want a pony?
Ha ha, no, they don't, but my stepdaughter does. And she's crazy about (riding) horses. She won't touch my jackets with a stick!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Smashing jacket, Peter ... this one's got everything going for it.

It was certainly the right decision to get just one more. ;)

SuinBruin

Love it! Just when I'm trying to decide between John's aniline seal HH or the new pigment finish dark russet HH for my Dubow... this is definitely tipping me toward the seal.

Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, congrats on the new jacket, it looks fantastic. John is just dialed in on the A-2...

cheers,
matt

watchmanjimg

It's a tough call, Matt. I resolved the controversy by ordering one of each! :D

To my eye the aniline seal HH used by JC is of a lighter shade than jackets represented as seal brown by other makers, which really lends character. I have yet to see the dull russet HH in person as it wasn't available the last time I requested swatches, but in my opinion it will be nicer than the russet aniline hide. Whatever your choice, the latest GW offerings are magnificent jackets!

Grant

Killer looking 27752 Peter.
You look like you're ready for the remake of Great Escape.

SuinBruin

watchmanjimg said:
It's a tough call, Matt. I resolved the controversy by ordering one of each! :D
Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind! :lol:

Not to get too far off topic, but does anyone have an opinion as to which would be a more "authentic" leather for the 27798 contract?