L-2b C model

Discussion in 'Nylon' started by Woody, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody New Member

Greetings, this is my first post. I have a jacket here that is a bit odd. This is a L-2b but has been pointed out that it does not have the oxygen reinforcement tab., and it was never installed. The sage green liner is correct, the outer shell may be an odd color, in is not the silver / green one would expect. Other than that the jacket looks like the others of that time frame, late 1950's. DSCF7932.JPG , Made by the Rolen Sportswear co., it is contract number AF-36-(600)-6471 Has anybody else seen examples like this? Or Thoughts?

Attached Files:

EmergencyIan, Grant, colekwok and 2 others like this.
  2. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

Hi Woody. That’s a very nice L-2B you have there. I think only the very first model of L-2B made in 1952 featured the oxygen tab. I’ve seen other Rolen L-2B’s and they also didn’t have it.

oose likes this.
  3. colekwok

colekwok Active Member

Wow, nice L2-B, I have never seen a C-contract before. Cool! What type of main zipper is that?

4. Tom Bowers

Tom Bowers Member

Very nice L2-B it looks minty fresh as well

Early Nylon like that is just beautiful

Tom Bowers

5. Woody

Woody New Member

It is a Conmar

Thank you

6. bebel

bebel Member

Very nice L-2B. A such well preserved USAF wings insignia on the left shoulder is scarce.

The 7448-C was superseded in 1959 by the 7448-D spécification. This one was first made with the green inner shell before the introduction of the orange lining.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Very nice L-2B. Congrats to the lucky owner.