• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L-2b C model

Woody

Greetings, this is my first post. I have a jacket here that is a bit odd. This is a L-2b but has been pointed out that it does not have the oxygen reinforcement tab., and it was never installed. The sage green liner is correct, the outer shell may be an odd color, in is not the silver / green one would expect. Other than that the jacket looks like the others of that time frame, late 1950's. DSCF7932.JPG, Made by the Rolen Sportswear co., it is contract number AF-36-(600)-6471 Has anybody else seen examples like this? Or Thoughts?

Attachments

• DSCF7937.JPG
    DSCF7937.JPG
    591.1 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCF7884.JPG
    DSCF7884.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 413
  • DSCF7882.JPG
    DSCF7882.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 423

Peter Graham

Hi Woody. That’s a very nice L-2B you have there. I think only the very first model of L-2B made in 1952 featured the oxygen tab. I’ve seen other Rolen L-2B’s and they also didn’t have it.

bebel

Very nice L-2B. A such well preserved USAF wings insignia on the left shoulder is scarce.

The 7448-C was superseded in 1959 by the 7448-D spécification. This one was first made with the green inner shell before the introduction of the orange lining.